i just bought some ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom strings and i feel like i cant really pick fast on the bottom string very well cause its so thick and not real smooth, if anyone understands what im talking about, what are some good strings that are good for playing metal and just a good all round string to use?
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
D'Addario .011's. I use them. I love them...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

lol, Yea man!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Well i use 10 gauge slinkies.... but im not sure if they would suit ehaavy metal.....

But if you reall like the sound your strings make you cna alwys start low then go up slwoly tilly ou get to them...
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
I love the hybrid slinkies, some nice chug on the low strings, easy to play, then fluid more lead based stuff on the high strings.

Sounds to me like you want lower gauge strings, i suggest Rotosounds Rotopinks (9's)
i use ernie balls, just go for lighter gauge. I used to use daddarios but they broke all the time on my guitar.
Gibson SG's Rock
Hell yeah D'Addarrio 11's are the best
My Rig
USA Fender Stratocaster
Gibson ES335
Martin D16GT
Martin LXM
Squier Stratocaster
Santa Rosa Cuatro
Dunlop Wah
Marshall MG15
Marshall MS2
Crate Palomino V32

Member of the left-handed club (but I play right-handed)!
i agree with most of these guys, D'Addarrio 11's = the best
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
D'addrios are generally the best brand. But people do not take strings seriously enough. I took a 2 hour lesson on string choice and anatomy and learned so much about just how important your strings are to your playing.