I have a Gibson SG standard and was wondering if I should get EMG's or something like that or are the ones that come standard on the guitar better.
EMGS=Highly Overated
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
Depends completely what you want, personally, I hate high gain EMGs, so yea, the SG's pickups will sounds better to me.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I have an SG standard too. And I had EMG's in them for a while. They did the job since I was playing in bands that required more high-gainy tones but now I play through an Orange and the first thing I did was re-install the original stock pickups. Yes, the stock pickups for the SG are good.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
depends what you play. in my expierience, the typical emg 81-85 can't do much but metal.
i have a gibson studio and love the stock pickups(same as sg standard), perfect for thick, bluesy rock.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
wht do you play, what amp, we need info man
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
marshall jcm 2000 triple super lead is my amp I play a wide range of stuff but mostly randy rhoads, zakk wylde, dime van halen etc.
Well do you like the sound you're getting now? If so, don't change pickups.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30