Hey, does anyone have any idea if I can put an S-1 Switch onto my Standard Precision Bass?

Seems like a good idea if I can.
Any help would be very much appreciated!
Fast bear, its kinda like a button on top of the volume knob, it changes the PU configs so you have a lot more options, like coil splitting. And im guessing it would be very tricky to install yourself
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
It's not a button. It's a wiring setup for Fender American series guitars. It uses a DPDT pot to switch up and down. It runs through two different sets of capacitors and changes pickup configurations of your selector switch. As for the thread start you probably could but you gotta do alot of wiring to get it to go through all the different switching positions. Fender should having wiring diagrams on its site somewhere.

Edit: Look around here. http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/
I never heard of a bass S-1 switching system but then again I don't play bass lol.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Aug 2, 2006,
It is a push pull basically. Think of it this way on a strat. In down position you have all your standard switching positions on a normal 3 pickup stratocaster. Then when pulled up some of the position on the 5 way switch change. It sends the guitar into new series/ parallel positions with different pickup combinations you didn't have before. It's like a master reset switch for the guitar. That's how I can explain it at least.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I know its not just a button, i was just clearing it up that its not a seperate switch
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
Right, according to the Fender website, it switches the wiring from a series (or parallel circuit) to a parallel (or series) circuit. Effectively, it will make my P-Bass sound more like a Jazz. Vice Versa for a Jazz Bass, it will make it sound like a P-Bass

Nutter_101