Metalcore bands I think should be allowed to be discussed on the metal forums

I know there's a lot of crap metalcore bands that should belong in the hardcore section but I think three bands should be allowed to be discussed here because I think they are metal enough.

1. Shadows Fall- Come on, they are more gothenburg metal than hardcore. Plus they've got plenty of solos and more metal songs. I know Brain has a hardcoreish voice but besides him I think they are pretty much metal now.

2. God Forbid- These guys are brutal. I mean Randy's voice is more death metal than anything. Also they got Chris Poland and Alex Skolnick to play on their album. I think that's pretty metal. Plus, LoG and SF are both considered forunners of the New Wave Of American Heavy Metal(NWOAHM)

3. Trivium- Ah, Trivium. I know Matt's voice is pretty hardcore and Ascendancy's a metalcore album(emphasis on metal) the solos. Plenty of them. If they continue in this direction, they will be a Metal band, and a good one at that.

There you have it. Please don't ban me, I'm just giving you my opinions. Btw, if you think I'm just some punk who all I listen to is metalcore, your'e wrong. I'd say my 3 fav. bands of all time are Slayer, Death, and Opeth, and I mainly listen to bands similar ot them and of the extreme genre.
no no and no.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Although i like God Forbid, but dont really like Shadows Fall, I would definitely consider them metalcore rather than metal. And New Wave Of American Heavy Metal is pretty much a media buzz word, as was the whole NWOBHM thing back in the 80s (a good few of the bands which were lumped into that category were more 80s rock, or even classic rock).

In the case of Trivium, if they carry on in the direction they are going in, they could be given entry into here but only if they go on with it for a good while, people probably wouldnt stand for it after just 1 album.

This thread will probably get closed though.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by bsoates

I'd say my 3 fav. bands of all time are Slayer, Death, and Opeth, and I mainly listen to bands similar ot them and of the extreme genre.

In my opinion having genres being broken up this much is homosexual.

"No! , that's DEATH metal!"
"Wrong , they are metalcore."
"But they have grindcore elements!"
C'mon. It's as bad as going to paint your house but not being able to decide between eggshell , and white. Or off white. Maybe you've been watching too much Bravo or HGTV. Heavy music is heavy music.
No Seatbelt, you are a genius
Quote by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Originally posted by tyler 417 714
Quote by (-) Ions
There's a band called tool?

Quote by NewWaves
People still watch MTV?
God Forbid's singer is called Byron. Unless you've fucked up somewhere and got them confused. And they are good. But they are Metalcore.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by No Seatbelt
In my opinion having genres being broken up this much is homosexual.

"No! , that's DEATH metal!"
"Wrong , they are metalcore."
"But they have grindcore elements!"
C'mon. It's as bad as going to paint your house but not being able to decide between eggshell , and white. Or off white. Maybe you've been watching too much Bravo or HGTV. Heavy music is heavy music.

This.
i think Avenged Sevenfold should get in the metal forum . Theres no more screaming which kind of takes away from the metalcore aspect of it. Plus, Syns solos are pretty metal, especially in their new album....

...but i mean my name is AvngdSvnfold. But i see a lot of people disregarding them as metal, and i wonder, what do they lack? They don't scream, but neither does Dragonforce, and everyone seems to be jumping on their metal bandwagon. A7X has infinitely more talent than Dragonforce anyways.

*prepares to be mercilessly flamed*
Thanks , Screech. Not to repeat myself , but people spend way too much time b!tchin' over if bands are "Metalcore" or "Metal" or "Grindcore with a touch of metal...with a vague overtone of metalcore!" as they adjust their 100% asian wool muave scarves and make sure they don't get anything on their manicured nails. It's highly possible these cats are the metrosexuals of musical elitism.
Everyone promoting that metalcore bands are metal are fags.
Everyone that suggests that some metalcore bands should be discussed here instead of in the hardcore/mXc forum are also fags.
</IMO>
you all fail at life....
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Just a question, do you guys not listen to bands like Trivium and Lamb of God because you honestly don't like them, or because everyone else says they're "not metal" and God forbid you listen to a band that's "not metal" in some people's eyes.
^ i just think they suck, and i dont like listening to a whole lotta suck.
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Quote by AvngdSvnfold
i think Avenged Sevenfold should get in the metal forum . Theres no more screaming which kind of takes away from the metalcore aspect of it. Plus, Syns solos are pretty metal, especially in their new album....

...but i mean my name is AvngdSvnfold. But i see a lot of people disregarding them as metal, and i wonder, what do they lack? They don't scream, but neither does Dragonforce, and everyone seems to be jumping on their metal bandwagon. A7X has infinitely more talent than Dragonforce anyways.

*prepares to be mercilessly flamed*

Well. Betcha four dollars I double post. But I'm here to stick up for you , even though I look down on the fangirls that make Avenged Sevenfold look bad...and make usernames having to do with Avenged , for instance "ZACKYVISHOT" and the like. That sh!t's no good.

They've got something for everyone. They're their own type of band.

As far as comparing them to Dragonforce , your typical little pizzafaced "metalhead" will bust out a foam-rubber sword and prepare to flame your ass for that. But guess what : Singing about unicorns is only remotely cool if you actually ARE an elf seeking the triforce... And Avenged Sevenfold's songs don't all sound the same. I'm not giving sh!t to Dragonforce. So what is my motive? I'm saying that when it all comes down to the bottom line good music is good music and heavy music is heavy music.
Quote by Buttloaves
Just a question, do you guys not listen to bands like Trivium and Lamb of God because you honestly don't like them, or because everyone else says they're "not metal" and God forbid you listen to a band that's "not metal" in some people's eyes.

Hate the vocals.

Mostly the fans that get on my nerves though, well at least alot of them do
So to sum up, more for my clarity then anything, the difference in Metalcore and Metal lies in the technical prowess of the artists and the vocals?

Don't tell me to go to Wikipedia 'cause I been there but stuff there is so layered sometimes that it's tough to get a straight answer.

Live life stronger than death.
Zakk Wylde

True knowledge is knowing that you know nothing.
Socrates

You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.
Robert Alton Harris

R.I.P.
Rhoads, Vaughan, Burton
I think Fall Out Boy should be discussed here.

*reported*

Rules are rules.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Why do you care if they are discussed here or there? Just because something isn't metal doesn't mean it's not as musically valuable.

As for me personally, I listen to several metalcore bands including Shadows Fall, Hell Within, Bullet for my Valentine, and although I hated with a passion the first two Trivium albums I'm really digging their new song.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
You know...ban me if you'd like but that (and I quote) *reported* sh!t is really...just... I get the same feeling when an ROTC nerd thinks he's a badass because he's wearing a green suit made out of leftover Applebee's napkins and you're not. Does anyone else get this feeling?
I agree with you on all of those. Actually, I consider nu-metal and mrtalcore to be metal subgenres. Think about it. If Deicide and Blind Guardian are both metal, then why not bands like Lamb of God and System of a Down? I would say they're actually more similiar to other metal bands than some "true" metal bands are to each other.

*puts on flame suit*
You will find me as cute as your favourite nephew
Until I break your knees with a baseball bat
You will find me so kind, I'll be someone you like
Until I brush your teeth with a razorblade
I think people should just stop complaining about not being able to talk about certain bands in certain forums. Who cares? Is the Metal forum cooler than the hardcore/metalcore forum? Does it give you status? As long as you can talk about a band somewhere, everything's alright. Stop looking for an argument and a complimetary kick in the balls you attention seeking twats.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Why can't metalcore go in the hardcore/metalcore forum where it belongs?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
Why can't metalcore go in the hardcore/metalcore forum where it belongs?

It does.
I haven't found any metalcore I like, except Lamb of God seems okay, but I still have my doubts

and As I Lay Dying has that song 94 Hours and I thought that song was listenable, but still not really respectable

Metalcore can stay with the other core bands the hardcore forum thank you very much
-Mike
I fail to understand why you care where something is or isn't discussed. I mean, really. Is a band being discussed in the metal forum make it cool? And if it isn't, does that mean it sucks. This is the most pointless thread ever.

Also, flyingjew, you spelled aficionado wrong in your user text, it's really bothering me.
Order. It's all about order.

This is why UG has to seperate Metal Genres. There are too many forms of Metal, People will fight, complain and get banned.

As long as Metalcore is able to be disscused on UG in the "Hardcore" Forum then there should not be a problem.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Ah the weekly "Why isn't metalcore in the metal forum?" topic followed by an invasion of people that think the rules on the bands are unfair.

Without the rules we have in place this board would be in utter chaos with metalcore fans attacking the death/black/power metal fans. and vice versa.

Just respect the rules and keep metalcore where it belongs.
Quote by Blood_Covered
ts impossible to finish getting a wank when yngwie is in the backround shredding the fury out while some chicks taking it up the ass