This was the first song I learned by ear, and this is the first half of yngwie's Trilogy Suite Op. 5. Once again all feedback appreciated, crit for crit if you like. I did mess up a couple of times..but its a new guitar so Im still not too used to it.

OH and its not in the normal Eb tuning, I was in A, and all I did was tune up..so it ha a wacky tuning, and sounds much lower than usual..But anyways enjoy (hopefully)

http://www.files.bz/files/5521/Trilogy.mp3
How strange, I'm learning this song at the moment.

To be honest, it was very sloppy. It was also above tempo. It probably wouldn't be sloppy if you played it a little slower. Also, I recommend you record this in Eb, it sounds nicer on the ears. It wasn't bad and your shredding skills are there, it was just very messy.

Good try.

6.5/10
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Hey! I remember you from my Necrophagist solo :P. Whats up buddy? As we speak Im trying to rerecord this in Eb... Also, best of luck in learning this song! Id like to hear you play something . After i posted it, I realized how bad it sounded. Its strange that when you record something it sounds worse than what you actually feel you are playing..Maybe its because..Eh I dont know lol. Anyways hope to see ya later.
Quote by insideac
Hey! I remember you from my Necrophagist solo :P. Whats up buddy? As we speak Im trying to rerecord this in Eb... Also, best of luck in learning this song! Id like to hear you play something . After i posted it, I realized how bad it sounded. Its strange that when you record something it sounds worse than what you actually feel you are playing..Maybe its because..Eh I dont know lol. Anyways hope to see ya later.

I can't wait to hear it in Eb.

I'll post some recordings up the day I get myself a new rig (Which should be in a few months). With my current rig, any recording is ultimately flawed by the horrific tone. I find Trilogy Suite quite challenging, but I have the first part down quite strong.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Yeah it is too fast and see if you can get a backing track for it. It will help you with the timing.
hey these guys arre pretty much right you are above tempo and i think you would do alot better if you slowed it down to the correct speed. but over all it couldve been alot worse.
one other thing the places you messed up at arent really the hardest parts of the song. i think you just need to slow it down and polish it a little more then you might have something. peace out!
Dime is God, Dime is the only God.
Dude don't even try to play malmsteen. your good and all but no one will ever be able to do that song justice. and your version had WAY way way to much distortion.
WOODnotes
jesus, the first song you learned by ear is 7 minutes long and its by Malmsteen!?

eh, I agree with smokey amp, plus the others havae good advice too.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
LOL. Yeah, except I couldnt learn anything like the solo, or the acoustic part and everytihng after. I basically just learned the intro, the main theme, and the other theme. It was pretty easy considering Yngwie never plays more than 3 notes per second, god forbid he slows down.
Quote by insideac
It was pretty easy considering Yngwie never plays more than 3 notes per second,