Who do you guys think is the most overrated guitarist of all time. I know I will get crap for this but mine in definatley Jimi Hendrix. I think he is good and like some of his music I just think he has been given way to much credit compared to other much better guitarists out there.
been done before. many times.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Every 1 knows jimi wasnt all that great but people give him alot of credit beacuse he was awesome for his time and he did alot for music.
Not only is this a bad, pointless thread, but it is a bad, pointless thread that has been done many many times before.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
angus young
my gear:
zack wylde les paul custom
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

"no one you can tell, for youve been raptured to hell"
-me
I am going to give you **** for this
Hendrix pioneered most modern guitar techniques and was an amazing player, don't forget he sang at the same time as well.......
Johnjones is right guitarists aren't overated some just are more well known because of the musical genre they are catorgorised into
jimi hendrix is a great guitar player his rhthm guitar playing is amazing, and if your talking about his live shows in his bandanas he wears he has acid in the bandana so when he sweats in goes right into his bloodsteam thats hardcore **** and i don't know what guitar players could still do that without not being able to even strum the guitar
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
Hendrix would not be considered the greatest if Rolling Stone did not say he was. I get the impression that many people herald him as the greatest without any real knowledge of his music or ability. NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT STAND FOR EVERYONE. Particularly on a guitar forum, I expect most people hear have listened somewhat. Also note that I am not in any way denying his skill whatsoever, I'm just stating the fact as I see it.
its all opinions on what type of music you really like
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
These threads are not allowed in here or any other applicable subforum.

*CLOSED*
Looking for my India/Django.