Page 1 of 2
so i was wondering what are your guys favorite solos that arent usually considered one of the best? id say mine is the intro solo to the song remains the same by led zeppelin. the one that sounds kinda like a banjo. it just sounds so cool. and the solo for we will rock you by queen. great tone and sounds great
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

i like the solo in Trademark by Eric Johnson, the last one on cleanish with chorus, it sticks to the main theme, but sounds emotive too....and i think its underrated, at least, i never hear anyone talking about it
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
the srv solo in coldshot or the clapton solo in white room
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
the solo to straight edge by nofx
oh wait, and to solo to Sappy-nirvana
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
The Master Of Puppets solo j/k. Seriously though, the solo in Sultans Of Swing. It kicks ass and has so much emotion.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
The 3 minute solo at the end of Dust Devil by Butthole Surfers. Paul Leary: underrated guitarist, Butthole Surfers: underrated band.

Also, the solo in Audioslave's The Curse.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Last edited by Kartman at Aug 2, 2006,
what qualifies as a underated solo?
i really like the solo in practice what you preach!
my gear:
zack wylde les paul custom
randy rhoads v custom
120 watt crate amp
505 zoom processor
ibanez weeping demon wah

"no one you can tell, for youve been raptured to hell"
-me
^I think an underrated solo is a solo that not too many people know/are familiar with.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I absolutely love the solo in Hey You by Pink Floyd. Its amazing, yet it seems to be overshadowed by alot of other stuff on The Wall.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Sean Watkins' guitar solo in "The Smoothie Song"

The band is called Nickel Creek, by the way.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
The solo in Turbonegros "All my friends are dead" kicks arse.
You did something to me - paul weller...its so sexy and has the typical low drive overdrive tube sound on a strat. all the ingredients to make a solo
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Quote by Kartman
The 3 minute solo at the end of Dust Devil by Butthole Surfers. Paul Leary: underrated guitarist, Butthole Surfers: underrated band.

Im not sure I would listen to a band called Butthole Surfers LOL.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
i like the final cut solo by coheed and cambria. especially claudio's blues part
Momma I'm Comin Home by Ozzy. Not hard at all, but it just has alot of feeling to it.

Also, Stun Operator and the Ballad of Buckethead by Buckethead are MUCH better than Nottingham Lace and deserve more credit.
Dickless.
The entirety of Vaughandrix, written by Mark Cole of Charge as a tribute to Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan. It's absolutely incredible. I don't know if it was ever popular, but I just found it a few years ago while surfing LimeWire.

http://www.chargeworld.com/Vaughandrix%20-%20Mark%20Cole%20-%20ChargeWorld.com.mp3

There it is for free. By the way, Mods - it's not illegal. It's the band's homepage. They let people download it for free.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by bonebeav
i like the final cut solo by coheed and cambria. especially claudio's blues part

Seconded. That's a great ****in solo.
Quote by Kartman

I love that solo! I also like the solo to "Bring Em Back Alive" by audioslave...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
the solo in zep's ten years gone.....my fave zep song of alltime, and one of my fave solos of all time....its just an amazing song....the definition of synergy
anything from tom morello when he was in rage against the machine
Go get your shovel.
I Am One by Smashing Pumpkins- both Billy and James were criminally unnderrated as guitarists, especially considering they sold like 16 million records

Climbing Up The Walls by Radiohead- Everyone puts 'Just' and 'Paranoid Android' on their lists; both were incredible, but personally, I like this one better
I really love the solo in the song Mother Russia by Iron Maiden. I never hear any maiden fans talk about that song.
I like the solo in Voices-Dream Theater as with any of Petruccis solos, he's yet to disappoint me.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Metallica- to live is to die, 2nd solo that brings it out of the clean section and back into heavy chords. Clean section starts about 5 minutes into the song. Some metallica solos sound like a bunch of random riffs strung together. This one is short, but I really like the phrasing.
Led Zeppelins-Dazed And Conffused {MY FAVORITE} and also Yngwie Malmsteens-Magic And Mayham, also alot of Michel Angelo Batioes stuff.
TotalyHAB
oh yeah, i also like all 2934729324 solos in Megadeth- hanger 18
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by mr_tremelo
Both " Master of Puppets " solos

Favorite UNDERRATED solo, fool.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
blue oyster cult - don't fear the reaper
...and I feel nothing, am I better yet?
I'd say the 2 solos in Bark at the Moon by Ozzy with Jake Lee. Crazy Train seems to get all the attention, but Bark at the Moon is much harder to play. It's a great song!
anything by danzig, its most likely you havent heard danzig, if you have you might not know who john christ is and if you do, you know hes a great guitarist and anything's solo is great and so are many other of his solo's
im a total metal fan (metallica, megadeth, and, more recently, lamb of god) but the solo in 'hotel california' by the eagles kicks ass, in my opinion.
jackson slsmg soloist
line 6 pod xt live
crate powerblock
2 marshall 4x12's
since i been loving you, zeppelin
Inquisitor of the zeppelinism church, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of UG's VIVA MEXICO CLUB

Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm a sweet transvestive from transexual Transylvania
Page 1 of 2