Ok so i want a new head amp....i play metal and hardcore, bands like: killswitch engage, atreyu, bleeding through..that kinda thing.

so the amps im looking at at the moment are:

Randall RH300 G3
Randall RH-50
Ashdown fallen angel 60 DSP head
Marshall JCM DSL 50
Crate GT3500H
Peavy valveking head
Peavy XXL head

so i was wondering if any of you had sound clips of any of these amps, or could suggest a better one, my price range it about £500 maximum, thanks.
Ashdown Fallen Angel, FTW.

It's the greatest tube combo I've ever heard for metal. It'll give you a great metalcore sound. The Marshall DSL is also very good, but I think the Ashdown is better. The rest of the amps you listed aren't that great.

I don't have any sound clips, but that's what I reccomend.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
cool, thank you. il have a look at the ashdown in more detail and if anyone gets any clips for any of them il be grateful
assuming you can crank it, I'd say DSL. A lot better than the ashdown, IMO. which isn't that great, very bassy and aimed at nu-metal, which is the opposite of what you want for metalcore.

in order, I'd look at the dsl, then the randall rg50, and then the ashdown. Though see if you can get to try them all if at all possible.

Also, the laney gh50l would be worth a try. May even be better than the marshall.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ no problem, if you want any more help, don't hesitate to askin here, and/or pm me.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^nah. maybe an overdrive/clean boost for a slight boost for solos, or to tighten it up at lower volumes (you'd be using it to boost the overdrive the amp already has), but you're getting a metal amp, you shouldn't need a distortion pedal.

those are mostly heads, you realise you need a speaker cab too (just checking, you probably do)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yea i know i'll need a cab too, will the cab effect the sound too much? because some are alot more expensive than others, and how much is a gain boost thingy?
^ unfortunately, the simple answer is that dearer = better (in most instances), and yeah, it does affect the tone a lot. I'm not sure what you mean about gain boost, it won't boost the gain, unless you mean speaker distortion, but even that is kind of like a separate distortion, rather than a gain boost...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ if you can go to £330 (hint, do it), you can get a laney tt cab, with 4 celestion vintage 30 speakers. There's a site in the UK which sells them for that, though they may charge postage on top of that. Still, you might as well buy a good cab at £350, than a poor one at less cash. Or else get a good second hand cab.

(i forget the site's address, unfortunately, you might want to search on yahoo.co.uk or something).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yay thanks! i think my choices are now, marshall JMC DSL or the Randall Rh-50 with that cab, thank you =)
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Marshall DSL 50 is your best bet if you ask me. It's an incredible amp. It can definately get up to those hardcore/metal tones but it also gives you great versatility in lower-gain crunch. So if you end up playing styles other than what you mentioned (and surely you will occasionally) this amp will let you do it and sound great!
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
^ if you're talking about the head version, then sure. It was noticeably better than the combo, in my opinion. Again, the same advice stands- make sure you get a good cab- either that laney, or the marshall one that goes with it (though if you want the marshall one with the vintage 30 speakers, it'll probably be closer to £400).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?