Hi guys - I was just wondering - how would you play the piece of tab below? A piece of the solo from Moonlight Shadow) I know it's a bit squint but I've rearranged it so that all the notes are in the right order. Basically, I'm wondering how everyone out there in UG land would play the first 3 notes. Would you barre it? Or would you use a different finger for each one? I've tried to use a different finger for each one but then I can't do the 11h12, because I only have my pinky left! Any tips would be most welcome! If you could indicate the fingernig you would use I'd be very grateful! Thanks!

E---------9--11h12--14--14--14-- 7-----|
B------9--------------------------- 7--|
G---9---------------------------------|
D-------------------------------------|
A-------------------------------------|
E-------------------------------------|

PS - The tab above is just an example of what I'm trying to solve - it could be anywhere on the fretboard. Basically, I want to be able to play three notes on three different strings and still be able to play stuff further up the fretboard straight away - sorry if none of this makes sense!
pretty much a for sure bar to me, but if you like moving fingers for no reason go with seperate fingers
barre it and then just move your hand up
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
yes i would barre it, but i've tried it and i can still reach the 11h12 hammer on with my index and ring finger and still reach the 14 with my pinky , so ya bar it, and you dont have to go any higher than 14, so it's all good. by the way, whats with the 7 14 thing?, that's like impossible unless it's tapped
my gear=
<ludwig 7 piece set, 6 cymbals>
<dw 3000 double kicks>
<ibanez sz>
<fender stratacoustic>
<yamaha synth>
<godin freeway 4 bass>
<digitech rp80>
<custom 100w tech 21 amp>
<fender frontman 15b amp>
Thanks guys, I was hoping you were going to say I should barre it!

Quote by ludwigger
yes i would barre it, but i've tried it and i can still reach the 11h12 hammer on with my index and ring finger and still reach the 14 with my pinky , so ya bar it, and you dont have to go any higher than 14, so it's all good. by the way, whats with the 7 14 thing?, that's like impossible unless it's tapped

I copied and pasted the tab from the page and it hasnt come out quite right - the original is here, near the bottom of the page

Thanks again guys! (and apology accepted cefasnacht )
You don't have to have that fingering.. Try this, one fret per finger.

E--------------11h12--14--14--14------|
B-------14-----------------------12 --|
G-----13----------------------------12|
D--14---------------------------------|
A-------------------------------------|
E-------------------------------------|
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
no prob
my gear=
<ludwig 7 piece set, 6 cymbals>
<dw 3000 double kicks>
<ibanez sz>
<fender stratacoustic>
<yamaha synth>
<godin freeway 4 bass>
<digitech rp80>
<custom 100w tech 21 amp>
<fender frontman 15b amp>