Ok, i was trying to date my strat, so i look on fender blah, blah, blah, 2005-2006 strats are supposed to be MZ5 + 5 digits, right? well mine is MZ5107516, so WTF? cna anyone explain this to me? is it fake, or what? thanx!
sometimes it says 5 digits and its 6, cause mine is too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
beats me. mines over tens years old. i dont have the number in front of me but im almost possitive i had to blink twice when i saw it had 6 digits.

i guess if u really care, call the free fender product info number and ask. i found it online one time, called them about something.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
beats me. mines over tens years old. i dont have the number in front of me but im almost possitive i had to blink twice when i saw it had 6 digits.

i guess if u really care, call the free fender product info number and ask. i found it online one time, called them about something.

yeah, my guitar is new, thats why im worried...
Quote by mikeman
Take off the neck and it will be stamped kinda behind the 21st fret.

im not takin off the neck -_-
MZ5107516, the M is for mexican. Z=zero as in 2000, 5 = 2005,

+6 digits. ive seen plenty of other sites say that +6 is standard, so really, no reason to worry.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 3, 2006,
Quote by jj1565
MZ5107516, the M is for mexican. Z=zero as in 2000, 5 = 2005,

+6 digits. ive seen plenty of other sites say that +6 is standard, so really, no reason to worry.

oh, thank you
^ o sweet dude you got a strat too? thats awesome man. yeah mine has 6 digits too. maybe its just a typo or the website needs updating
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
^ o sweet dude you got a strat too? thats awesome man. yeah mine has 6 digits too. maybe its just a typo or the website needs updating

i think it does... mines agave blue, :P can't get it anymore
my final guitar e'll either be a strat or a tele, fender>all