what are your guys opinions on the ibanez 350ex. I know ibanez is the way to go and ive been thinking about getting this one for $999NZ which is ~$400US. It would be my third guitar. Worth it?
Definately. I've been looking at an RG1570 but lately the 350 has been looking better.

Or you could always buy my guitar in my sig...
Definitely not, Edge III bridge is not worth the scrap metal it's made of. There are much better choices for that money. Checkity the link in my signature
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
woah thanks alot pifty! you have saved me alot of money that I didn't need to waste. What would you recommend? And why are the reviews for the RG3*0 up there in ratings? I would like a similar shape and body to the rg350 but with a decent bridge and not too high of a price
You could try to get a hold of 2nd hand RGs, preferable check out RG5xx or RG7xx. If you want the RG3xx to be up there in the ratings, you gotta get the RG fixed, RG321MH/RG7321, if not, your only choice would be swapping the Edge III with a new OFR, or similar (Schaller or Gotoh).

If cant, just settle for the S470, the ZR is great.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
By the reviews having high ratings on the rg350dx i meant the reviews on ultimate-guitar and other popular sites its rated somewhere like 9/10 which is stupid if the bridge is pretty budget. Does anyone else have a particular model of ibanez?
Quote by pifty
Definitely not, Edge III bridge is not worth the scrap metal it's made of. There are much better choices for that money. Checkity the link in my signature

What do you think of the regular Edge Pro? I'm gonna get a 1570 for sure.
It has high user ratings because reviews are mostly made by people who just got the guitar - and it's not a bad choice for the first few weeks you use it. Then the bridge artifacts come to life and whoa, you suddenly hate your guitar.

That rule holds true not just for Ibanez guitars, but pretty much for any manufacturer. Low end FR bridges are pure marketing.

As for what RG to recommend... Like madpickin said, if there is a chance, get a used RG550/570 - they have original Edge bridges, and tend to sell for around $300-$400 in great condition. Those babies pop up on eBay all the time from all over the world. My 570 is fifteen years old and it's miles ahead of any non-prestige series released today. Modern tremolo RGs short of Prestige series are nothing worth the price. If tremolo isn't a factor for you, RG321 is awesome value for a hardtail rock/metal guitar. S470 is somewhat out of your price range if your limit is $400 - but if you can pull up to it, I vouch that it has all the appointments of a great deal.

Quote by mikeman
What do you think of the regular Edge Pro? I'm gonna get a 1570 for sure.

Edge Pro is great, 1570 is too. Go for it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The only thing that you need to worry about Ibanez Prestiges are the cosmetics and extra features (piezo/roland gk/sharktooth), thats all. The Edge Pro is the great, you'll have no problems with it.

To TS, mr bono, mostly ppl that write reviews are the ones who write them directly after they get their gear. They havent tested it to its full potential. The Edge III, prior to good setup and prior that its in good hands from factory -> your hands (not screwed up by some idiot techies or emo kids), could survive really long. The ones that didnt make it as good as that, would probably give up after 6 months or so, it can even give up the moment you grab them in stores, you'll never know exactly when.

You can still say that its a hit or miss, great, good, awesome, but the FACT that its made out of cheap and inferior material and that its an entry level trem is still there and wont change.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic