im looking to buy an effects pedal. i want a pedal that sounds pin floydish. but im looking online and i dont know what most of the pedals actually do. is there a website that has soundclips of diffents pedals in use so i can hear them?
ma' gear: -Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Left-handed
w/ push pull pot and series mod
-Ovation Acoustic-electric
-Vox Valvetronix ad30vt amp w/ effects loop mod
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
-Rocktron short timer delay pedal
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
digitech do, on their X series.

and boss do on thier 'virtual pedalboard, but it always incoporates 2 or more pedals so it's not as good IMO.
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
Quote by Kal Zakath
digitech do, on their X series.

and boss do on thier 'virtual pedalboard, but it always incoporates 2 or more pedals so it's not as good IMO.

what do u mean the do? they do what?
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
a delay pedal adds a delay to the sound

hey guess what, chorus adds a chorus to the sound.

can you believe that distortion pedals make the sound distorted?

if you believe that, get a load of this: wah-wah pedals make a wah wah sound!

reverb pedals add a swirling swoosh sound -- just testing. reverb makes the sound all reverberated.
Im never one to put a downer on peoples sound wants and such but lets just say this...david gilmour's pink floyd sound has been made with over 20 grand worth of effects, amps rack gear and guitars. All im sayin is, its an "expensive sound" anyways, boss and digitech websites have sound samples of their pedals

cheers
Cheese is good, but Jimmy Page is god!
my suggestion to you...don't buy an effects pedal until you know what the hell your doing with it. Then you can pick out a good one that fits your needs and you will knowhow to use it.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
Quote by Supersonic^
a delay pedal adds a delay to the sound

hey guess what, chorus adds a chorus to the sound.

can you believe that distortion pedals make the sound distorted?

if you believe that, get a load of this: wah-wah pedals make a wah wah sound!

reverb pedals add a swirling swoosh sound -- just testing. reverb makes the sound all reverberated.

whats the chrorus do again?
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by bobbob1299
what do u mean the do? they do what?

sorry, allow ou to listen to what each pedal does on their website, just google 'digitech pedals', and 'boss pedals'.
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
Quote by bobbob1299
whats the chrorus do again?

It actually delays the note then detunes it. It also makes it sounds like there's more than one note being played simultaneously.

Delay delays the note multiple times, unlike chorus where it's a one-time shot.

Tremolo pedals make the note stutter or "staccato" in music terms.

Distortion distorts, as you may have guessed.

Flangers and Phasers add a swoosh effect...flangers swoosh up and down while phasers only swoosh up.

Reverb adds a reverberation, meaning a sort of trailing off, large amphitheater type of sound.
On musiciansfriend.com some pages have a demo of the pedal... I'm not sure of exact ones that do, only I remember there's a sound clip for the Digitech Whammy...

Also, if u see on a tab that an effect is used... listen to the song at that part so you get an idea of what the effect sounds like.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by bobbob1299
im looking to buy an effects pedal. i want a pedal that sounds pin floydish. but im looking online and i dont know what most of the pedals actually do. is there a website that has soundclips of diffents pedals in use so i can hear them?

musiciansfriend.com usually has sound clips of their pedals but they normally sound better online because all the audio work that they do for the recordings.
Quote by moody07747
musiciansfriend.com usually has sound clips of their pedals but they normally sound better online because all the audio work that they do for the recordings.

not to mention the fact that they are using top notch guitars and top nitch amps to do the recordings as well, the reocrdings are usually onjly good for getting a basic feel of the effect.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
pink floydish?

use like an ibanez tubescreamer with your neck pickup
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
actually for distortion pink floyd usually used old russian big muffs. amongst several other things that arent made anymore and would cost a whole lot of money.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
oh really?

well...non-distortion effects for pink floyd...i know there's a flanger in another brick in the wall [pt. 2] they use a lot of synthesizer effects too...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Good lord....

No pedal is magicaly going to make you sound like david gilmour. Get a nice clean *tube* amp, come back, then we can talk.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Seriously dude, don't go out buying all sorts of effect pedals without knowing what they do or can think of how you're going to incorperate it into your music.