No documentation with it - lol...

Someone teach me what the four knobs do and what problems i should be looking for as far as "setup."

Thankee!
Two knobs, usually the rightmost ones control the tone. The others control the volume. This is for the pickups only, not the amp. Usually the top connect to the neck pickup (Closest to the neck) and the bottom control the bridge (...da odda won). I don't know if Agile's usually have the action and all of that crap set up, but don't worry about that for now. You have to learn first how to play and how to do these things.

Good luck. Great start for your guitar collection, by the way.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
That's a good first guitar, the knobs control the tone and volume, I wouldn't worry about them too much right now.

You shouldn't get a setup just yet, so you can strenthen your fingers and learn to play better, once you start getting into it, that's when you should get it setup.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
for "setup" tune (duh) also set the intonation by playing the 12th fret harmonic then playing the 12th fret note they should sound exactly the same but ussally they dont right out of the box set them by playing to harmonic and note then adjuting the bridge with an allen key untill they are identical. do this for all 6 strings.
of couse if your a complete guitar newb you wont hear any of the subtle differences while playing so it doesnt really matter...
my rig
Squire strat affinity series, chrome red
Fender jazz bass, sunburst
custom made bass, natural (forget who made it)
Roland jazz chorus 50
Boss DS-1 distortion pedal
and I only use purple dunlop tortex picks
Im going tommorow to buy a roland micro cube for it. I have no amp currently - This is a fine choice ive heard, but is it for this guitar?

Or any GOOD reason not to buy the amp used? they have it used at GC for 85 bucks i think? maybe 95.
Last edited by Naregnemyes at Aug 2, 2006,
That's a good deal, go for it.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by jonny and tom
for "setup" tune (duh) also set the intonation by playing the 12th fret harmonic then playing the 12th fret note they should sound exactly the same but ussally they dont right out of the box set them by playing to harmonic and note then adjuting the bridge with an allen key untill they are identical. do this for all 6 strings.
of couse if your a complete guitar newb you wont hear any of the subtle differences while playing so it doesnt really matter...

No offence, but he just got his first guitar and doesn't know what the knobs do. Do you really think he can find the 12 fret harmonic, let alone set up his own intonation?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Take it to a local dude to set it up, because you're probably not going to notice if that pup is too high, or the actions too low etc. I hope you realize that you need an amp as well...
I've been looking into those AL-2000s, i've heard great things about them. Which one did you get, bro?
Quote by dbzrage3k
I've been looking into those AL-2000s, i've heard great things about them. Which one did you get, bro?

I believe he got the AL-2000.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
I believe he got the AL-2000.

...Yes, but they come in many different finishes.
Quote by dbzrage3k
...Yes, but they come in many different finishes.

Why does the finish matter?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by dbzrage3k
i'm just curious.

Faggot

Just kidding, I love you.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
I got the gold one, the finish is better looking in person than the pictures ive seen on forums. And far better looking than the ugly ass pic on the rondo website.

There are 3 black dots on it though, about the size of half an ant - not important to me but i thought i should go into detail on the quality.

everything else seems nice too. The only thing as far as the looks of the guitar which i dont like is this pickguard, it looks very cheap. A creamy plastic color, maybe i can change it?

It cost me 190 shipped.

On another note - i tried tuning my guitar by ear and i was surprised i actually pulled it off
Rondo's always changing around what's available on their site. I wanted to get the red spalted AL-2000, but then I went back to the site a couple weeks ago and it was gone. So i figured i'd try the Silverburst w/o P90s...went back a couple nights ago, it's gone.
Quote by dbzrage3k
Rondo's always changing around what's available on their site. I wanted to get the red spalted AL-2000, but then I went back to the site a couple weeks ago and it was gone. So i figured i'd try the Silverburst w/o P90s...went back a couple nights ago, it's gone.

My favorite was the White with gold hardware, but it was out of stock when i ordered.
I've sent them an email to see if they just tend to rotate what's on their website once in a while. I requested a list of all the styles available.