alright this thread might possibly have been done before, sorry if it has but i couldnt find it. I jus want to kno how guitarists switch from clean to distortion so smoothly and quickly. Is there a special pedal that does this or something? I have a channel switcher but it seems to switch to suddenly i think. I may be wrong but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Member #38 of Alter Bridge Rocks Club PM Logz to join
im confused about what your asking are you saying that they switch smoother and quicker than you can
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Use a distortion or an overdrive pedal... try practicing switching channels on ur amp until you get the transistion right if u think it changes too suddenly...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
i think what he is saying is that pros do it so smoothly and that he cannot
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Ok then, yeah, try practicing changing channels til u get it right.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
multitrack recording, baby
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
are you maybe talking about how you can roll off your volume knob for a clean tone, and then crank it up for an overdrive tone? It's easier to do with a tube amp, when you have it right at the point where the power tubes are breaking up. You can roll of the volume to clean up the sound, or crank it up on the guitar to send the amp into overdrive.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah its like what Erock said. I think thats more what im talkin about. with my channel switcher it goes directly from clean to distortion. im talkin about when all the guitars start clean and gradually go to distortion.

Dont have a tube amp tho does that matter?

Thanks again
I'm not sure how easy it is to do without a tube amp, but I think I was able to do it with my Podxt, not sure though. Only one way to tell, give it a try. Get a nice crunchy overdrive sound on your amp, maybe not full out metal distortion, just a nice overdrive, then roll off the volume until the overdrive starts going away, but you can still hear the notes.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
alright ill give that a shot.. Thanks Erock