floyd rose is a wammy bar... and you can do divebombs and use it for vibrato and stuff.
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
The floyd gives you more versitality(sp?) because a lot of metal and 80's stuff has divebombs which require whammys.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
floyd rose is a trem. you either push or pull on the bar to lower or raise the pitch of any already ringing note. the C-1 is a fixed bridge, meaning the bridge doesn't move.

a fixed bridge is much simpler than a floyd rose, so if you don't know anything then I'd suggest getting a fixed first. W/ a floyd rose, you can't change tunings w/out resetting up the bridge. Also string changes require more time. Also if you get a bad trem, it will have poor tuning stability. i think the C-1 FR has a licensed floyd rose and those are usually bad, so i'd suggest the C-1 out of the two.
If you don't mind lots of work, then FR, otherwise, no FR.

BUt I'd go with the FR, because I'd like to expand already on the crazy tricks I do with my vintage trem.
From personal experience having an Ibanez RG320 I can tell you if you do not know what it is, or how it works do not get one. I think only people who know what they are looking at should get a floyd rose.

Although on my ibanez is a much cheaper edge pro ...some model number...II i think...but its functionality is still the same.

Basically lemme try to explain this to you. All the strings are attached to a piece of metal that is "floating" by tension. So there is this piece of metal that is attached at one point and the other is free floating. The free floating metal is where the strings attach. So lets think about this, If you tighten lets say the low E string, that will increase tension bringing that floating tremelo further towards the neck. This in turn lowers all of the other strings a little. So then you go to tune the next string, and damnit, your low E string is flat again, so you gotta tighten that up, and the same thing happens.

And even when you get it close, and lock down the strings, this increases tension a little, and you have to use the fine tuners, which sometimes you have to tune it so much, you run out of room to screw the fine tuners in and have to start all over.

Ive been using my lincenced floyd rose for almost a year now, and I can sometimes tune it in an hour or hour and half if im lucky. But I remember the first time I tried to tune it and didnt know that it tuned like that...

So basically if you are still knew to guitar, you need to be playing lots of genres, so lets say you are in standard tuning, and want to tune to drop D...you better clear out a 2 hr block of your time.

So, if you want those divebombs, and have a specific tuning preference, you might want to go for it. But id highly recommend it. The Schecter C-1's are known for there versatility. Dont get me wrong, I know people that love floyd roses, but they usually have other guitars for other preferences too, but whenever I change strings, or need to reintonate....UGH

haha hope this wasnt to much to read
/\ ok its not that serious i used my friends ltd kh 602 it has an ofr and i detuned the entire guitar to perfect tuning in about 5 minutes
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

Member #3 of the Ibanez RG Owners of the World club. PM user rockownsyou to join
^ How?

I'm thinking about getting an RG1570, my first floating trem guitar, and I was wondering what if I wanna play in Eb god forbid?!?!
by opeing the nuts and setting teh fine unerrs to the middle. then i tuned the guitar closed the nuts and used the fine tuners, it was my first time too
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

Member #3 of the Ibanez RG Owners of the World club. PM user rockownsyou to join
Kahler trems are the best, but i recommed getting one. No use saying "If you dont have any experience with them, dont get it". Everyones gotta start somewhere
Quote by kh is my hero
by opeing the nuts and setting teh fine unerrs to the middle. then i tuned the guitar closed the nuts and used the fine tuners, it was my first time too

Same here - I heard horror stories about tuning an FR but I've never had any trouble with mine. Just undo the locking nut, I unscrew the fine tuners to about 3/4's out and then tune in the strings using the tuning pegs. Lock the nut and re-tune using the fine tuners. I only have to do this maybe 1once a month. Then the fine tuners take care of the tuning normally - although tbh it rarely goes out of tune - even with a lot of abuse. I love the FR - changing strings is a bit more complicated, but not much.
Gear
Marshall JCM 600 Head
Custom celestion 2x12 cab with G12 65's
Boss GT3
Epi LP with Duncan pups (pearly gates & JB)
BC Rich ASM Platinum Pro
Yamaha APX4 Electro-Accoustic

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
is that like everywhere else football or american footbal?
If you use lots of palm mutes i would say no it can make things a little bit harder but other than that i would say that they are great.
What the hell is the internet?
Quote by GuitarRich
Same here - I heard horror stories about tuning an FR but I've never had any trouble with mine. Just undo the locking nut, I unscrew the fine tuners to about 3/4's out and then tune in the strings using the tuning pegs. Lock the nut and re-tune using the fine tuners. I only have to do this maybe 1once a month. Then the fine tuners take care of the tuning normally - although tbh it rarely goes out of tune - even with a lot of abuse. I love the FR - changing strings is a bit more complicated, but not much.

How would you tune to Eb?