I've been playing bass for almost three years now and I'm thinking about getting a guitar just to mess around with and possibly start a new band with me on guitar. I'm into the kinds of metal then include Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage, but my roots are in Metallica. What would be a good guitar for that kind of situation with a budget of $300-$500.
Member #62 of the Alter bridge rocks club
pm Logz to join

Quote by Ignite
You know you're a guitar player when you're thinking about yourself playing awesome solos when you're having intercourse. Yes, I said intercourse... deal with it.
LTD EC-400. All three of those bands use EMG's. This guitar has EMG's.

And it's a great guitar for the price.
If not that, try out some Schecters. I don't know the model names specifically, nor the prices, but they are metal-worthy guitars. Just ask Jeff Loomis of Nevermore.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Search the thousand other metal guitar threads
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by bobbyguitar
hey dude ive got perfect condition new b.c. rich warlock bronze series maybe 375$ my email is djhayes074@comcast.net

Don't try to pass your **** on to someone who may be uninformed of the dangers of playing Bronze series.

I suggest Ibanez, amazing quality, versatile guitars for the price, which is good for Metallica since they use a fair amount of cleans as well as distorted.
Dickless.
which metallica? Master Of Puppets or Load?

Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Quote by bobbyguitar
well u suk

No he doesnt he is just letting the dude know that bc rich guitars are not very good.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
If you can afford a little more ($630 specifically), you can get a ESP LTD 400 series. They come in superstrat, SG, LP, warlock, doublecut tele, explorer, and "Forest" styles.

If not, I'd suggest getting an Ibanez RG321 and replacing the pickups with EMGs.