Page 1 of 4
oh i love scale the summit hey should get a singer cuz bands with out singers cant hld my attention to long cuz im kinda add and what not...
wow, thats really good, sounds like a more technical coheed
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Yeah this band randomly added me about a month ago

They're basically another Behold...The Arctopus
great band
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Well are they not metal.

I love them, they remind me of Fall of Troy meets Behold.........The arctopus.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
i guess i'm the only one....but i HATE these guys. I really can't even compare them to Arctopus or Fall of Troy. I just detest the effect and tones they use. I really should like them, but i just don't. I dunno
shut up man.

Scale the Summit is amazing. Dont say you hate them, just say you arent into their music.

Chris from STS is my guitar teacher, they are amazing. Not just their music but like for example chris, if you hear him play outside of sts. He ISNT just into that type of music. he is so versitile. REALLY good at jazzy stuff.

They are awesome.

and watch them live. GREAT live band.

Also, I personally dont see how a vocalist would fit into the band, and it would take away a bit from the originality.
also, it just wouldnt be Scale the Summit
I still retain my love for them, but there songs often have repeating licks and riffs, and with no vocals its like they don't have much to say.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by aurian4parker
shut up man.

Scale the Summit is amazing. Dont say you hate them, just say you arent into their music.

Chris from STS is my guitar teacher, they are amazing. Not just their music but like for example chris, if you hear him play outside of sts. He ISNT just into that type of music. he is so versitile. REALLY good at jazzy stuff.

They are awesome.

and watch them live. GREAT live band.

Also, I personally dont see how a vocalist would fit into the band, and it would take away a bit from the originality.
also, it just wouldnt be Scale the Summit

You're very lucky. I wish someone who could play guitar GOOD taught around here
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Jesus. Way to bump a thread from a year and a half ago. Pretty awesome music though, and I don't really hear any core in it either.

EDIT: Duuuuude, I totally have the BTBAM shirt the other guitarist is wearing in that myspace picture.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Mar 7, 2009,
I've been into this band for awhile. They really try and reach their fans, which I think is cool. They still personally answer as many myspace and youtube comments as possible. Seeing them next month with Protest the Hero.
last.fm[/url}
The Great Plains is absolutely amazing. That's the only song I've really listened to, though.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by kaktusnpoop
Yeah this band randomly added me about a month ago

They're basically another Behold...The Arctopus

I know this comment was made like three years ago, but (IN MY OWN OPINION) this is a HUGE disrespect to STS.

Behold... The Arctopus is an incredibly technical band, buy they sound like absolute crap (once again MY OWN OPINION)

Quote by GodofCheesecake
The Great Plains is absolutely amazing. That's the only song I've really listened to, though.

+1
I love that song. The tapping part is just brilliant. I love the effect they use on it (a delay i guess). I've been listening to their stuff lately and I'm hearing a large BTBAM influence lol
Behold... the Arctopus is a completely different kind of technical.
last.fm[/url}
I found these guys about a month or so ago on a blog.

They have some nice melodies, but it's just not my type of music.
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
+1
I love that song. The tapping part is just brilliant. I love the effect they use on it (a delay i guess). I've been listening to their stuff lately and I'm hearing a large BTBAM influence lol

they don't delay the two guitars are just playing in different time signatures so it just seems like delay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T27HpI6RKU
Quote by saxaxe
They did a much better job holding my attention than BTBAM did.
/controversial statement.

+1
I'll kill you both.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by MustangMan311
This is pretty awesome stuff!

Quote by MustangMan311
Agreed. Can't stand them. Plus, they're pretentious assholes.

Your two posts in this thread haha.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by MustangMan311
Agreed. Can't stand them. Plus, they're pretentious assholes.

Proof/story? This is something I really didn't want to hear from a band I enjoy so much
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Proof/story? This is something I really didn't want to hear from a band I enjoy so much

Well, if you read their tour diaries from the past tour with BTBAM, they complain about BTBAM and Devin Townsend or Cynic taking too long to set up their stuff. Like, how does that even cross your mind as something to complain about, especially when you were invited onto the tour and are opening? Plus, the way they carry themselves and see their music is just too much for what it is. Their music is boring as ****. Playing an 8 string in an instrumental band doesn't make you better than a generic deathcore band.
Quote by MustangMan311
Playing an 8 string in an instrumental band doesn't make you better than a generic deathcore band.

It does when your music is as innovative as theirs is. I mean sure, it's not monumental and pivotal to the world of music, but it's really innovative in melody, rhythm and technique. This band is a huge step above 95% of the tripe out there today.
Quote by saxaxe
It does when your music is as innovative as theirs is. I mean sure, it's not monumental and pivotal to the world of music, but it's really innovative in melody, rhythm and technique. This band is a huge step above 95% of the tripe out there today.

I'm just saying in general, it doesn't, and they just think they're better than everyone else from what I can tell. Maybe it's the boredom of the music that keeps me from hearing the innovation, but as of now, I just disagree. Not saying they're bad musicians, though. They can all definitely play their instruments well- I don't think anyone would say the opposite.
Quote by MustangMan311
Well, if you read their tour diaries from the past tour with BTBAM, they complain about BTBAM and Devin Townsend or Cynic taking too long to set up their stuff. Like, how does that even cross your mind as something to complain about, especially when you were invited onto the tour and are opening?

Hmm, I suppose that is rather 'rude' of them, but still, everyone's going to have opinions on stuff like that. Maybe it just wasn't a very intelligent decision of them to voice it in such a public manner.
Plus, the way they carry themselves and see their music is just too much for what it is. Their music is boring as ****. Playing an 8 string in an instrumental band doesn't make you better than a generic deathcore band.

Well based on the fact that you don't like their music that much or find it very original I'd say it's a legitimate argument. Viewing the matter objectively, however, every band is going to think their music is awesome and creative (even if overall it's not very innovative), and totally fellate themselves in their myspace biography and stuff like that. It's natural to be confident in your own creative output, I'd say, so I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like Chris Letchford is pulling a John Petrucci and taking EVERY chance he gets to do a show-off guitar solo, you know? That, I'd call pretentious.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Mar 28, 2010,
Page 1 of 4