Page 1 of 2
so today at practice i had my guitar on and i was lifting my leg up and my dunlop dual design straplock came off on the bottom end of the guitar and my guitar fell, chipping off some of the paint, i put the straplock back on and it holds fine so:

1) what went wrong?

2) i have the chip that came off, is there any way i can put it back on?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Perhaps it wasn't put on properly, and the movement of your leg knocked it off?

If you still have the chip, it must be pretty big. I think the best thing to do would be to repaint that spot. Glueing it on would look tacky.
the chip is teeny

luckily, our bass player found it [BOUT THE ONLY THING HE'S GOOD FOR] under his cab

it's about...a centimeter long and about half that wide
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
^Repainting a dent isn't too pretty either.

Epoxy the chip back on it and sand the area to make it smooth and level. Then repaint from there.
Leave the chip. SRV style.
Hell, even clapton's black was chipped to shi.t

~Swift
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
it looks bad because my guitar is black and the chip is like bright white
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by SuperAnalytical
^Repainting a dent isn't too pretty either.

No, but he says it's just a paint chip. Not an actual dent.
i'll take a picture of it...just a sec...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
my guitar

the chip

^^ oh noes!!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Dude it adds character to the guitar mine are all chipped to hell to.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
well i don't want character

i wanna know how to fix it
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Pics aren't showing up for me. Can anyone else not see them?
oh really...lemme redo them...i think i know how i screwed them up
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
there, it working now?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
I cant see them anywhere

And hey a beat up guitar is a loved guitar a guitar in perfect condition is one that isnt played enough. Also your straplocks sucked mine broke on me three times and once i cracked a tunning peg and had to replace it my suggestion use schaller much better
They work now. It isn't too bad. I still say a minor paintjob could take care of that.
okay

any idea of where i could get touchup paint?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
...who's stew mac?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
alright, thanks man

so now i just have to figure out what my finish is made of and then order the right kind
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
yep you got it maybe go to the GB&C forum and ask those guys they probably know better than most of us do the luthiers all hang around that forum
well, i sent a direct question to the ESP site asking what kind of finish is on it...it's not a solid finish because you can see the pattern of the wood...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by Syn Harvest
Dude it adds character to the guitar mine are all chipped to hell to.

Yeah dude. My Black Tele is all dented and chipped, and I don't mind anymore if I do that, it adds to its character.

Also, Dunlop Straplocks suck, I had them and then I got Schallers, and Schallers are much better made and a lot more dependable.
Cadd speakes the truth Schallers FTW and beat up guitars are badass just look at SRVs strat and Frusicantes relic
okay...on my next guitar i'll get schaller straplocks...

but it looks stupid if you only have 1 chip...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
then throw it around your room bump into walls . man a list of things i have bumped my guitars into.

Doors, Walls, STairs, PPL, my Amp, a drum set, other guitars, a desk, it fell on the floor, etc i could keep going but its pointless trust me the more you play your guitar the more beat up its gonna get its just fact if you spend all your time worried about keeping it in pristine condition your gonna miss out on all the fun of thrashing out on it. I mean unless its a collectors your not gonna play then a beat up guitar is a great guitar
i don't want to ruin my guitar

i can't afford another one

if i'm rich and famous, i'll be reckless, but not now
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
how about you just leave it? It doesn't affect the sound and its not huge.

That stuff happens all the time
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
meh...i don't know...it just doesn't look...metal

now if i were in a punk band i would leave it =D and i would use duct tape instead of strap locks

and a gibson instead of an ESP
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
ya im not rich and famous either im not saying throw it around but if it gets dinged just shrug it off its nothing do get your panties all bunched up about.
meh...you're right...i don't really have the money to fix it either
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
dude what are you talking about punk look at this this is dimes favorite guitar he played allways.

http://www.deanguitars.com/dime/deanfromhell/pages/HeadFromHell_jpg.htm

http://www.deanguitars.com/dime/deanfromhell/pages/BodyFromHell_jpg.htm

beat to hell but still played like a dream thats metal as fu ck your retarded if you cant see that i mean dime is like as metal as you get
Page 1 of 2