On The Doors the credit for this song read W. Dixon/C. Burnett. I was under the impression that this song was written only by Willie Dixon. Unfortunatley I don't have the Howlin' Wolf album, so I don't know how it was creditted. Did The Doors miscredit the song or was it co-written by Willie Dixon and Howlin' Wolf?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
It was written originally by Willie Dixon, but Howlin' Wolf originally played it.

Thank you, that cleared up everything
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
It was written originally by Willie Dixon, but Howlin' Wolf originally played it.

I think he means, and if he does, then I agree, that it was written by Willie Dixon and given by Chess to Howlin' Wolf.

EDIT: Which would make a lot of sense, as Dixon wrote and played bass on a lot of the hits that came out of Chess Records under the names of other artists.
Peace, peace, and that's my piece.

Just another pale, skinny, noiserawkin' indie boy with tousled hair

Last.fm
Quote by rocknroll blues
I think he means, and if he does, then I agree, that it was written by Willie Dixon and given by Chess to Howlin' Wolf.

EDIT: Which would make a lot of sense, as Dixon wrote and played bass on a lot of the hits that came out of Chess Records under the names of other artists.

And according to Mick Jagger, Dixon always had a suitcase full of songs he was trying to sell, haha.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Wow! You guys are useless. Was it co-written by Howlin' Wolf or not?
Quote by Encore_God
And according to Mick Jagger, Dixon always had a suitcase full of songs he was trying to sell, haha.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Originally posted by ufossuck
Wow! You guys are useless. Was it co-written by Howlin' Wolf or not?

Maybe you should read a bit closer. My answer is no, but I haven't done any research or anything, just a hunch.
Peace, peace, and that's my piece.

Just another pale, skinny, noiserawkin' indie boy with tousled hair

Last.fm
Willie Dixon wrote it, but Howlin' wolf originally performed it.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste