Page 1 of 3
Well I thought there should be a thread about underatteds and overated guitarists.

heres two to get started off
Prince- He's actually queit good I just now realized it after I watched the grammys on youtube.

Angus Young- Don't get me wrong I love watchin a midget dressed in a school boy outfit run around a stage with guitar , and he is really good ,but people say he is way better than he is.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
This has been done MANY times. But prince is very underated, overrated I would say dimebag, Dont get me wrong, hes fantastic, but since he died people are worshiping him as the best and its pretty annoying.
...No more threads like this please. Ive been here 3 days and seen this like 10 times. Herman Li is an overrated guitarist*waits for instense flaming*, but i can;t really think of any underrated guitarists.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Larry LaLonde
Allan Holdsworth
Al Di Meola

etc.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171
I now believe you are truly the smartest man alive!!! You're a pimp!

I used him alright
The Founder & Fearless Frog of the Primus Sucks Club. PM me to join.
Member of the Mitch Hedberg Pwns club
Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
yeah I agree on that oh thought of another one I don't know his name but the guitar player from Primus hes pretty good. Not bucketHead
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
Prince is very underated. I saw him on SNL and he could really play, he has the funk rythm down too. On that Snl performance he came off as sort of an effects junkie though, but I don't know enough about him to make that kind of statement.
Well......ive got one...Yngwie Malmsteen is way over rated..........by himself. Hes good but....he thinks hes like a god........close ..but no cigar.
lucky911charms is a ****in homo who likes prince better than angus

go challenge prince to a game of basketball
Page is overated I mean I love zep but I think he isn't one of the top guitarists of all time because sometimes when he is soloing it sounds like he is just showing off his chops.

Underrated probbably would be Rob Kreiger of the Doors
Quote by lucky911charms
yeah I agree on that oh thought of another one I don't know his name but the guitar player from Primus hes pretty good. Not bucketHead

Larry LaLonde is a god of noise
Todd Huth is pretty bitching too, he was their original guitarist I belieb.

Kudos to the dudes from Television. They're not amazing, but I don't think they get the credit they deserve for their clever guitar parts.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

I used him alright
Quote by MetalMan22

Prince would rape anyone in basketball, like he did Charlie Murphy.
You are not a slave...
Jeff Hanneman of Slayer is the most underrated ever.

Msot people do not even know his name, when they think of slayer they think
Kerry King, and bass player that sings.

Hanneman is a billion times better that Kerry King, and it is a shame he is so unknown.
March 19 1982 THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED

R.I.P Randy Rhoads guitar god
Quote by Fretbored09
Well......ive got one...Yngwie Malmsteen is way over rated..........by himself. Hes good but....he thinks hes like a god........close ..but no cigar.

yah if he only knew about Micheal angelo batio
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Quote by MetalMan22

go find more ways to refer to Chappelle's Show sketches in your everyday life... go on, it's never been done before, everybody will think you're totally original
Quote by lucky911charms
yah if he only knew about Micheal angelo batio

MAB's awesome but....He looks like a ninja turtle and his songs sound like the ninja turtle theme.

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

these threads are a dime a dozen...

under=joe perry

over=that fat little "9" year old kid...where did his thread go?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Thanks for defending me... or maybe your defending davE chappele either way , good job!!
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
these threads are a dime a dozen...

under=joe perry

over=that fat little "9" year old kid...where did his thread go?

that fattie.

I think Andrew Strohmeier is very underrated, what do you guys think of him?
I must agree that Prince is way underrated(almost Hendrix-like). As far as an effects junkie though, he is a product of his time. He came up when the keyboards and synths and **** came out. I am sure he probably wrote most of the ****(not the Revolution or the New Power Generation{he did write Nothing Compares to You}). I personally think, Dave Grohl and the guys in the Foo Fighters are awesome, from drums to bass to guitar to even vocals are very impressive, as are Jimmie's Chicken Shack!!

I am the Point Guard for the "Blouses"
^Wow that was badass. I've never listened to any primus, but damn ima go buy a cd now.

Quote by soulfly_freak

Larry LaLonde diminished solos are the ****. Just about any sound he makes on their first 4 albums is perfect, but he got more convincing around Tales. Del Davis Tree Farm and Over The Electric Grapevine for example. Brown was good, but he was more low-key.

^ Go buy Sailing The Seas of Cheese first. That CD is audio cocaine. You will be addicted to it, I listened to it 5 times a day for like a week.

That's it, I'm a gonna start a Primus fan club, I don't know of one, who's with the damn frog on it?
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

I used him alright
Last edited by StratEnRegalia at Aug 2, 2006,
Also you know what got me mad was on the one hit wonders show on Vh1 Hendrix was on there. The song Hey Joe. That makes me mad he was far better than that and had way more hits than that.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
ALVIN LEE
so underated!
well i dunno, but hes a damn good guitarist,
check out i'd love to change the world by ten years after

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61g55y1OfqU

That is Rory Gallagher the single MOST UNDERRATED guitarist EVER watch it all

The most overrated I dont know but the Edge is pretty overrated to me
Larry LaLonde he is awesome.I hate princes music but i saw him on saturday night live,he is good,
hey guy!
Man Primus Suck !!!!!!!!!!!! Don't Yall think that. I'm for reall it's like they suck so friggin bad theyre drummers not that great at all.They re guitarist is way overated, and theyer bassist is so firggin sucky. I HATE THEM!!
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Last edited by lucky911charms at Aug 3, 2006,
Quote by Zeppelin08
Page is overated I mean I love zep but I think he isn't one of the top guitarists of all time because sometimes when he is soloing it sounds like he is just showing off his chops.

not much chops to show off

marty friedman is pretty underrated

slash is pretty overrated
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Herman Li (although I can't deny enjoying some of his stuff) is totally over-rated... he plays faster than I can masturbate, but he lacks meaning and passion...once again, just like when I jerk off
I Am so frikkin qouting that
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Quote by StratEnRegalia
Larry LaLonde diminished solos are the ****. Just about any sound he makes on their first 4 albums is perfect, but he got more convincing around Tales. Del Davis Tree Farm and Over The Electric Grapevine for example. Brown was good, but he was more low-key.

^ Go buy Sailing The Seas of Cheese first. That CD is audio cocaine. You will be addicted to it, I listened to it 5 times a day for like a week.

That's it, I'm a gonna start a Primus fan club, I don't know of one, who's with the damn frog on it?

ill join if i can be co-founder?
hey guy!
I want to join we all Know Primus Sucks can I be a leader too.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Quote by Xx~Opeth~xX

rusty cooley is underrated, so is michael angelo batio

No they're not. They're boring as hell. There's a reason why people don't aknowledge them more--they aren't musical at all.
I made a Primus thread, niggas, divert your attention from that unoriginal thread to mine.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

I used him alright
Page 1 of 3