What type of strings(Gauge) would yaw recommend for Drop C(CGCFAD) and drop D tuning?

What sorta strings would yaw recommend for Metal, Rock, and Grudge guitar playing. I need strings that bend good, and dont break. What gauge should i get? I need strings that stay in tune in Drop C and D tuning.

I havent bought strings much..... i have been using the same set of strings for about a year now (They are Ernie Ball strings, i dont know the gauge. All i know is, that they came is a black pakege with pink text and we're NICKLE.) They've had there fun, and i need some new ones, so i need help choosing the right strings for my style.

Can someone tell me the facts and need to know things about strings and gauges? Like, how to tell what type of gauge of string to use to get a certain tone to it.

Also, does anyone have some tips when bending/slinding at the same time? I would like to get the solo for "Highway to Hell" down pat, but you gotta bend and slide in it, and i cant do that. When i bend and try to slide, it cuts off the sound. Anyone got some tips? I cant really slide at all, when i go to slide, the sound cuts of when it hits a fret. Any tips on how to slide correctly?

Ill be more than happy to take any tips.

Im a semi begginer. Mostly, i have been playing for about a year now, but i am teaching myself, so i am going a bit slow. I dont have anyone hear to teach me how to do solo's and stuff, mostly i know how to do Rhythm guitar and thats it. I dont think i have mastered ANY solo in a song. Anyone got some tips that will help with that?
Gibson Explorer 1976 Reissue
Epiphone Special 2 (Stock Humbuckers)

Behringer V-Tone GM110 (Practice)
DigiTech RP80
Crate GT212 120w 2x12" Speaker Amp. (Stage/Gig)

I use ERNIE BALL strings!!!
10's or 11's

try not to use long posts like that, i didn't even read anything but the title =D
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
yea id say at least 10s but prob 11s. basically thicker strings are used in dropped tunings cause they keep the tension up so the strings arent floppin all over the place. thicker strings have a deeper tone, but are harder to bend, and vibrato and stuff like that. but that shouldnt matter too much if you stay in dropped tunings
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
Ernie ball~ not even slinky~ heavy bottom light top
don't use them but have in the past !
lmao...flopping everywhere...damn im perverted at midnight
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
i dont think 10's
cause i got a set of GHS BOOMERS 10-46 on a b.c.rich warlock platium and cant get into drop C i can get into drop d (D,A,D,G,B,e)

It all depends on the stuff u wana play

If you want to sound like Pantera or Black Label Society youd want 12's
but if u wana sounds like Ozzy or Iron Maiden then youd want standard tuning with 10's
to slide, i think what youre doing wrong is letting the pressure off when you slide, keep pushing down on the string as you slide.
GHS Standard set .10-.46 for everything. I use that and have played in C# and have had no real issues except for having it on a ****ty guitar.

Sliding is just as it sounds. You know that "whirrrr" sound your stomach made on the slip and slide? That's what you what on your strings. You want to keep enough pressure on it to make that sound and make the note(s).

Bending and sliding at the same time goes like this. Bend the string once then keep your finger "locked" in the bend then slide.

And for the solo work, practice practice practice. There's nothing that will make your playing better than practicing. Of course other methods are listening to music for inspiration and such...but that's not the case here. Try to memorize the fretting frist then worry about the speed when you try to play it, step by step, with a metronome. If you don't get it right away, it's ok. Just keep tugging at it. Play along with the song, etc. etc.

Good luck!
go Earnie Ball Power Slinkys. do not get the "Not Even Slinkys". therye too big. just like the ghs zakk wyylde's.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
hmm...the grudge...isn't that a movie?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Get GHS 11-50 theyre hella nice
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
Go with GHS .11s.

Quote by moomoocons
go Earnie Ball Power Slinkys. do not get the "Not Even Slinkys". therye too big. just like the ghs zakk wyylde's.

I have a .11-.70 set, and i love it.
sorry, i must sound a but dumb :P , but when you guys say 10s and 11s etc. what are you refering to? the thickness? and in what measurement?
the guage of the strings...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by TheFluffy

I have a .11-.70 set, and i love it.

I dont see how. I play in Dropped A sometimes, and even then theyre too bulky too play.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky 12's woot
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Dr Handmade owns GHS in feel imo, but they're about double the price, i went from ghs to dr and back to ghs and felt like i was trying to play a serated piece of cardboard when i was playing the GHS's after the DR's, so i've switched to DR's for good. Get some 12's. Good luck with ya playing, get the string that suits u, it's real important cause that's where most of your interaction with the guitar is happening!
Marty
yea if you ever put 12's in standard they will probz feel very stiff at first then you'll get usedd to them
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
you cant really find certain tones with different strings. meh the only thing that changes is that thicker gauges sound a little thicker (duh) and heavier and can be played more aggressive. thinner gauges dont sound as good but theyre faster to play with and bend imo. the tonal differences are very small, so i just play whats comfortable not caring if it marginally efects tone.
Quote by Wilki
guage? which means?

Gauge=string thickness. So if someone refers to using 9's they're talking about a string set where the highest string is .009th of an inch thick.

Thread starter: Do you mean Grunge? Because I personally have never heard of Grudge music.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by fatgraymatt
Gauge=string thickness. So if someone refers to using 9's they're talking about a string set where the highest string is .009th of an inch thick.

Thread starter: Do you mean Grunge? Because I personally have never heard of Grudge music.

Me and my freinds call it that. Sometimes you can find a certain type of band listed under it.

I dont listen to it much, but my freinds like to play that type of music. It's like... Hard Rock and screamo mixed up, or something like that. My freinds are very confusing. hahahahaha

Thanks for the help guys(Or gals, for the woman out there)! I think i know what im gonna go with. I need strings that will not be too loose when i am in Drop C(The ones i have now are like that. I cant get the 2 thickest strings tuned right cause they are too loose.) Ill get some thick strings, but ill make sure they are not thick enough to where i cant bend, cause i do bending in alot of TABs.

Thanks!
Gibson Explorer 1976 Reissue
Epiphone Special 2 (Stock Humbuckers)

Behringer V-Tone GM110 (Practice)
DigiTech RP80
Crate GT212 120w 2x12" Speaker Amp. (Stage/Gig)

I use ERNIE BALL strings!!!
Get some Elixir 11's. Elixir makes great sounding strings that last for long periods of time. I have one guitar that I keep in Drop C at all times and I have Elixir 11's on them and they are great. Elixirs are a little expensive, but well worth the cost.