i have an epiphone g-400 and was thinking i want more thump in my tone.

its a bit screamie at highs... or biting... whatever you call it.

any effect/pup raplacement you would advice?
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

you could get new pickups, check out seymore dfuncans, dimarzio, and emg. But what would really make a difference is a new amp. you can make a **** guitar sound good if u have a good amp but if u have a good guitar and a **** amp it sounds liek ****. amps are th emost important part of you rig. so i suggest an amp. A pickup would help but with out a good amp yeah... check out the roland cube 30 or cube 60
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
It seems you already have EMG's in your G-400, by thump, do you want more low end?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
yeah... a little more growly...

btw, im joking about an ms-2 in my rig... a have a fender stage 1600.

roland cubes are high gain right? i suppose that would be worth looking...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Mess with your Eq. a little bit. I but some more highs on my amp earlier and it has way more bite to it. The first thing I'd do is adjust my settings and see if thats the problem.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $