so today i played a peavey triple x...i did not like it alone, i couldn't get the distortion to do anything

but when i plugged in my boss mt-2 into the clean channel...and i got friggin sweet distortion!! i mean...MAN it rocked!!

i don't know why i can't get that tone out of my crate, i think that's because it's a solid state

so my question is, is it the fact that it was a tube amp that makes it sound so great?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
yeah...i had this baby cranked really really ****ing loud...but yeah, i don't want to spend TOOONS of money on a xxx, so could i just get any tube head and use it through my 1x12 cab?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
You don't buy an XXX for the cleans....
And yea, you can get a tube head and run it thru your cab, but it has to have the same impedence as the cab, and needs to be the same wattage, so you're a bit limited.
Why not just buy a valve combo?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I've had a XXX for a while now and really enjoy it. You just have to mess with the knobs and you'll get a great sound out of it. The cleans are decent when the damping is turned to loose, if not it sounds wayy to thick and sloppy.
what exactly is a valve?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Dude, im sorry, but you dont know tone.

The MT-2 sounds horrible.

The XXX sounds awsome.

Unless you had the mids scooped.

Go try it again, highs at 8, mids at 7, bass at 6. Ultra channel, gain at 5, loose dampining.
umm...no i can't do that

every time i turn the gain past 9 o' clock, it gets feedback...my tone was great and you should try it too...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by TheFluffy
Dude, im sorry, but you dont know tone.

The MT-2 sounds horrible.

The XXX sounds awsome.

Unless you had the mids scooped.

Go try it again, highs at 8, mids at 7, bass at 6. Ultra channel, gain at 5, loose dampining.

tone is a personal thing, there is no right or wrong
if he likes it then its good for him
i like my boss mt2 its no mesa but its still damn good
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
Quote by Alex2zulu
tone is a personal thing, there is no right or wrong
if he likes it then its good for him
i like my boss mt2 its no mesa but its still damn good

To you, it's good. To most it's not.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!