i use a mesa dual recto with an orange cab. a couple days ago, i got to try out my dual recto with a mesa 4x12 cab. the sound on the mesa cab was a lot better than on my orange cab. why? the orange 4x12 i have and the mesa 4x12 i tried out both have celestion vintage 30 speakers. the mesa sounded a lot brighter and nicer. what are your opinions? should i get the mesa cab and sell the orange?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Gee, if it sounds better and you have the cash...why not? Seems obvious to me.
Quote by Roc8995
Gee, if it sounds better and you have the cash...why not? Seems obvious to me.

damn dude, im just asking for a simple opinion. and asking nicely why it sounds better...?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Mesa>>>>>>>>>>>Anything
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Is it a standard or traditional Mesa 4x12?
My Band------> www.myspace.com/earlybirdspecial
Gear: modded Epi Les Paul>Boss TU-2>Dano Compressor>Boss DS-1>EHX Small Stone>Boss PH-3 Phaser>Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger>Boss DD-3>Boss DD-20 Delay>1989 JCM 800 2205>1973 Chequerboard Marshall 4x12
Quote by BluesHombre
Is it a standard or traditional Mesa 4x12?

damn, i keep forgetting which one is which. i know its the bigger one out of those two.
Quote by NeverMeant
probably because mesa cabs are voiced for mesa amps, they usually will sound better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by sloppyjoe109
damn dude, im just asking for a simple opinion. and asking nicely why it sounds better...?

The question I saw asked if you should get the mesa, which seemed like a no-brainer to me. The mesa may sound better for any number of reasons, including cab dimensions, wood, room you played it in, speaker wear, etc. Sorry if I offended, I missed the question.
ohh. haha sorry. yeah, it makes sense. i played the mesa cab in a sound proof room studio.....im such a dumbass.
Quote by NeverMeant
^Yeah, everything sounds better there. There used to be a completely empty room in our house and I set up all my music stuff in there because no carpet and no furniture = crazy acoustics and natural reverb.
Quote by Roc8995
^Yeah, everything sounds better there. There used to be a completely empty room in our house and I set up all my music stuff in there because no carpet and no furniture = crazy acoustics and natural reverb.

haha. thats awesome! how do you think the orange will sound then...? maybe the same, or better?
Quote by NeverMeant
^Orange cabs are really, really nice. I'd rather have one than a mesa, but I tend towards more vintage tones, which I'm guessing you're not with a dual rec. Odds are that the orange is a nicer choice though. They make some kickass cabs.
Quote by Roc8995
^Orange cabs are really, really nice. I'd rather have one than a mesa, but I tend towards more vintage tones, which I'm guessing you're not with a dual rec. Odds are that the orange is a nicer choice though. They make some kickass cabs.

bad ass, thanks! should i put it on top of some kind of like ramp? to elevate it? the 4x12 orange cab is really short. so when i record, would be a good idea to some how lift the cab? its practically right on the effing floor.
Quote by NeverMeant
^It doesn't really need to be too far off the floor, or even off of it at all. If you want a bit of height you could get some casters put on, it'll help moving them around too. I wouldn't raise your cab at all though. The last thing you want is to watch your cab vibrate itself off a homemade ramp and crash to the ground.
lol. yeah youre right.
Quote by NeverMeant
That surprises me you liked the Mesa cab over the Orange. The Orange has better woods, better construction and awesome, tight bass. But whatever floats your boat. If you got the cash, then hell, drop that cash on a cab.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
the mesa and orange cabs are both nice, but completely different. The thing is what you like. If you like super bassy crunchy tone, then you get an orange. If you are into the brighter higher tones, you get a mesa. I prefer the orange. Mesa cabs are also designed to go with mesa heads too. But i had a buddy who had a dual rect into (what i own now) an orange 2-12. it sounded ok. I would get rid of the mesa. Rects are really high gain and have no clean. Get a JCM 800 if you want that high gain sound, that will be alot versital and sound alot better all around. Rects are so 1 dimensional - Metal. Jcm 800 has everything from Slash to Taking back Sunday (which has freaking tight tone on the new cd). The Mark 4s are pretty sick too, by mesa. I don't know why everyone wants a rect. They are the worst product mesa makes.
Rig: Gibson Les Paul Studio into Ibenez Tubescreamer to Boss DD-20 to a Gibson GA-20RVT runned of an Orange 2x12. Soon getting a Vox AC-15 into an orange 2x12 for the chimy clean.
i had a dual for a longtime running through a 60a cab i recently bought a mesa cab and triple recto and i noticed mesa cabs sound alot better with mesa heads and marshall heads for that matter, mesa does do cabs well, ive never played through and orange but im very happy with my tones so ill pry never change
mesas have vintage 30s or mesas copy of the v30 which i cant remember the name of now its early im sorry