in the song voodoo child, hendrix makes this sound while bending the note. its at about 42 seconds into the song. how does he do this noise? i can almost make it by putting my second tone nob to 0 and then switching the selector switch back and forth while bending the note. but it doesnt sound exactly the same. ive noticed SRV did it that way i do it but i dont know if hendrix did it that way. i tried to see what he does by watching the videos but it never has the right angle to show what hes doing. he he using the wah or another pedal to do this or something? or am i doing it right?

listen to the song if you dont know what im talking about. its 42 seconds into the song.
there are plenty of things hendrix could do because of how his guitar was because the tone and volume knobs were by his hand same with the pickup selector so he switch things in the middle of a song
Which voodoo child?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Yeah I know what you mean, I just do that by rocking the wah back in forth in tempo while holding that note.

EDIT: And by rocking, I mean like fully rocking it. Works best IMO when the configuration is:

Guitar -> Wah -> Distortion -> Amp
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
He was bending the G (2nd Fret) string while flicking his Strat's pickup selector switch back and forth in combination with wah. Although it's cool, I wouldn't recommend doing it since it can mess the switch up if overdone.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

It's just wah, what these guy's said
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?

I actually helped!
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Oh. My mistake. I thought it was something else he was doing in the song.

EDIT: Then again, similiar sounds can can made using my method too...I've also seen some live vids of SRV doing it...
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Pickup selector and wah back and forward while bending the A(2nd fret) on the G string.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Bend the G String at the 2nd fret and flip the selector back and forth while keeping the wah pedal pushed half way down that way you get a hybrid bass/treble sound.
My Rig
USA Fender Stratocaster
Gibson ES335
Martin D16GT
Martin LXM
Squier Stratocaster
Santa Rosa Cuatro
Dunlop Wah
Marshall MG15
Marshall MS2
Crate Palomino V32

Member of the left-handed club (but I play right-handed)!