well i play metal/hardcore and i was wondering if the floyd rose would work good with drop tuning because my friends jackson dxmg wont stay dropped well with his floyd rose becasue its "floating" i would also like to know what that means and just help in general thanks
I would also like to know this.
"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last."
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
if you goin to use the guitar for droped tuneings only then yea a fr is ok you might need to have it set up really quick bu i have a FR and i can pretty nasty sounding(i mean metalish)
how would you have to have it set up?
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
floyd roses have to be set up

when you first get one they tend to be set up for guitars that are going to be in standard droped D or half a step down.

now if you want to go down to lets say droped b or c you have to go to a guitar store(besides the guitar center) and pick out the strings you like then ask them to set it up for droped c or droped b tueing. now if you only play metal. and are goin to keep it in a low tuneing like b or c and use another guitar for standard and half a step down then getting the FR is ok. but you are going to constanly chage the tuneing then its a bad idea
So it isn't a good idea to switch tunings all the time with a FR?
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
no no no. not only is it a bad idea, it can be bloody time consuming.

you gotta think about how much you're actually gonna use this floyd rose. if you are planing on doing one dive bomb every now and then, i'd say you should stick fixed bridge. you can do some cool fixed bridge vibrato/harmonic things instead.

if you want to be dimebag darrel though, go fr.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power