Does anyone know of a computer software that mimics an amplifier, where you can plug your guitar into your Line In on your computer and it would be like playing on your amp?
OfficialPresident of the "Ac/DC for Life" club, contact me for membership.

Member #12 of "the beatles are the greatest" club, contact ridcullylives for membership.
I didnt know a computer had a line in for a guitar cord lol
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
you can already plug your guitar into your mic input and your computer amplifys the sound, so why can't you have a program that gives you distortion and allows you to change your treb., bass, and mid.?

Member #12 of "the beatles are the greatest" club, contact ridcullylives for membership.
course u can dude, its called guitar rig n its fkn amazing. ive been using it since it first got released! it has all different presets like clean, overdrive n distortion effects. wah-wah if u own pedals n **** too. and because you set ur guitar to clean theres no need for an amp. its made by native instruments i suggest u check it out!
Last edited by darknezz at Aug 3, 2006,
Quote by esp_shredder
I didnt know a computer had a line in for a guitar cord lol

i'm playing my guitar through my comp right know, with 2 speaker cords ( the kind you plug into the back of your computer, spliced together creating a cord with two headphone jacks, w/ an adapter on one end which plugs into my guitar. KINDA HILLBILLY RIGGED!!! LOL!!!

look at this
http://www.zzounds.com/item--NINGUITARRIG

uh, yeah... $500 is a lot of money. i think i'll just go without distortion, or find another program. if all comes to worse, i'll just carry my amp into the room next to my computer!!!