Are carvins worth it? they look really good but im not sure if they are that good then why not higher priced
i just looked some up, and all they do is just take the bodys from other brands..

It looks like they dont have any original bodies at all..

So if your wanting a guitar w/ their body thats really good.. I would just say get a Gibson, Fender or Ibanez.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
esp shredder i care more about sound not looks i dont need it to be original to play and sound good. Thx for the input tho bangood seeing as you have played(own) one you probably have a good opinion.
i've heard sexy things about them. unfortunatly gc never has any used ones.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Carvin is damn good. I was fortunate to get one as my first guitar from a very very very very good friend. I didnt know how great it was until about a month ago when I went to Sam Ash and hated playing almost every guitar I picked up to try (including Gibson, Fender and Ibanez axes). Go for it. My next guitar will be a custom RR1 (24 fret) and then another Carvin set to my specs.
alright thx any suggestions on a model i was thinking like the 135 cus it has 3 pickups so more versatility but not sure
Quote by esp_shredder
i just looked some up, and all they do is just take the bodys from other brands..

It looks like they dont have any original bodies at all..

..says the kid with the LTD Viper

I love my Carvin to death, and they're relatively rare. Mine was passed down to me, and it's the only one I've ever seen. It's comfortable, well-made, and sounds beautiful.
Two words: ****. Yes.

I had the opportunity to play some in California and they were some of THE best guitars I've ever laid my hands on. They're up there with the quality Gibsons.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
but gibsons quality is **** as of late....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Carvins are very very underrated guitars. I have a TL60 I'll never sell and I'm bidding on an older model too. Not all Carvins are neck through, the Bolt T is a bolt on and some are set neck. If you buy used you can get a hell of a deal. If you go new, order through their website and get a complete custom guitar for half what you'd normally pay.

The only "weakness" is their pickups, which are good pickups, just not well known. I really like the sound of the stock C22, not too hot but full sounding. Well balanced. Their singles are very similar to vintage fender singles, lower output, very good tone.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by MaidenRules666
Are carvins worth it? they look really good but im not sure if they are that good then why not higher priced

They are priced realy low because they sell factory direct, if they were sold through guitar center or other shops the price would be almost twice as much.
If they're so great then why can't I think of any professional musicians that use their guitars?
dave weiner and the Tony macAlpine from the steve vai band use them. Yngwie uses the acoustics but most of the people who use them are studio guitarists.
http://www.carvin.com/news.php there is a full list

ive played a bass from them and it rocked. but it was a 6 string and thats not my bag.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Unless you are getting a custom guitar from a professional luthier, I don't see why you'd ever buy anything around $1000 other than a Carvin.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Storrson
If they're so great then why can't I think of any professional musicians that use their guitars?

You disgust me...
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
I have the choice of building a custom guitar from Warmoth parts for about $1,100 or ordering one from Carvin (probably the TL series) or just buying an American Tele or G&L Tele-copy. Not sure which I want to do...
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by frankieD2989
are all carvins neck through body?
I don't know if all of them are, but some are neck through body. They also like making 24 fret necks.

Quote by Storrson
Because you're a fucking moron.
Quote by Storrson

Because your an idiot?

Tony Macalpine... one of the best to EVER live, Holdsworth.. same goes for him, Michael Angelo, Jason Becker.... Hell same goes to all of them....... Plus a ton of other 80s and 90s players...

To answer your question threadstarter, YES, they are some of the best quality guitars around.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I played this guys Carvin, I don't know what exact model. It was a few years old and it played great and was really pretty. I think it is worth the money.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by ClassicAxe
Because your an idiot?

Tony Macalpine... one of the best to EVER live, Holdsworth.. same goes for him, Michael Angelo, Jason Becker.... Hell same goes to all of them....... Plus a ton of other 80s and 90s players...

To answer your question threadstarter, YES, they are some of the best quality guitars around.

Haha, okay tough guy, now you go back to playing on your little $250 while the big boys talk like adults.
^ You've gotta be ****ting me?

You noob, what do you use? I dont see any info on you? My 2 guitars are worth more than every guitar related item you own.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Storrson
Haha, okay tough guy, now you go back to playing on your little $250 while the big boys talk like adults.

I own over $8,000 worth of equipment, including a guitar and amp that are together worth almost $4,000, and I agree with ClassicAxe. Attempts to be condescending towards me will be met with hysterical laughter and making yourself look like even a bigger idiot than you already do, which seems alright by you.

If you don't like Carvins, that's fine, but ostensibly your opinion is formed out of ignorance and closed-mindedness. And you just got seriously pwnt, so you should just go away before you further embarrass yourself.
Hi, I'm Peter
When did I ever say in my first post that Carvin is bad? At one point I was planning to get one. I was simply asking why I've never known any professional guitarist that used them. The amount of money you (or your parents) have spent on equipment doesn't change anything at all.
^hes an attorney, you dont have to look hard to figure that out, i dont think daddy bought his gear.

(BTW dirk, watcha got?)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
i've played my uncles CT6 and the steve vai legacy amp, amazing.

a carvin will definitely be my next purchase
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by Storrson

And the award for the most ignorant and utterly stupid statment ever made goes to you Storrson....****ing moron.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
Oh, and don't forget that Yngwie Malmsteen uses Carvin acoustics.
Hi, I'm Peter
i thought he used ovations? not like im well informed i just heard him mention them in an interview
Fender American Strat --> Vox Crybaby --> Keeley Rat --> Marshall AVT 100
According to Carvin's website, Yngwie is an official endorser of their AC175 acoustics.
Hi, I'm Peter
oh.

<<pwnd. then
Fender American Strat --> Vox Crybaby --> Keeley Rat --> Marshall AVT 100
Quote by Storrson
When did I ever say in my first post that Carvin is bad? At one point I was planning to get one. I was simply asking why I've never known any professional guitarist that used them. The amount of money you (or your parents) have spent on equipment doesn't change anything at all.

You're a complete ****ing idiot.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Hey, now I'm considering a Carvin, what are their best pickups? Do they only come with their own pickups, or can you have them put in DiMarzio, SDs, EMGs etc?