So guys i trying to put something together and i really need some suggestions of some really raw deep blues hendrix tunes... Something along the lines of red house and the songs off the "blues" album, like voodoo chile blues and catfish blues.

If anybody has some suggestions of real definitively bluesy songs, i would be very appreciative... and im not really looking for his pretty popular well known songs, but more like rarer, rawer, bootleggish stuff...just basically the songs that bring out the bluesman in him.

Thanks for anything.
i have a cd called 'woke up this morning and found myself dead' it is the definition of raw, some of it just too rough to really enjoy but its probably what your looking for, its the bare bones of his music. also, the band of gypsies album if you havnt got that, machine gun is a must have
i've got a hendrix bootleg vinyl album called 'sky high' which allegedly includes johnny winter on guitar.

it's OK in parts, it's really just a jam session and wanders about a bit, i read somewhere that they were both out of it on booze and/or dope. i must admit that i havn't played it for years, if you want to know more let me know and i will dig it out from the cupboard and post some more info.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
^ I think I've heard one of those songs, called Things I Used to Do, or something like that. I think Johnny's on slide guitar for that song.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
^ I think I've heard one of those songs, called Things I Used to Do, or something like that. I think Johnny's on slide guitar for that song.

Yeah Johnny played on that, I think they went to a party and hendrix invited loads of people back to his studio for a jam session, which of course, they recorded. Winter let hendrix play lead, while he played rythm.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!