i have a mesa dual recto plugged into a orange 4x12 cab (celestions vintage 30 speakers). i use a gibson sg standard, and my clean channel sucks! what can i do to make it better? suggestions please! (btw, i know the rectos are also known for their sucky ass cleans).
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
the recto's aren't know for their sucky cleans, but it might not be what you are looking for. Tell me, what do you mean when you say 'suck'?
Quote by Pieter-Jan
the recto's aren't know for their sucky cleans, but it might not be what you are looking for. Tell me, what do you mean when you say 'suck'?

dude, everyone knows the rectos have muddy/bad/does not sound good clean.

does that explain the word suck?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
IMO it's your guitar. I hate SGs for cleans. Actually, just about anything with humbuckers that isn't a hollowbody i hate the cleans on.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by sloppyjoe109
dude, everyone knows the rectos have muddy/bad/does not sound good clean.

does that explain the word suck?

Then why did you get a Recto? And I personaly think that they sound really good with a reverb pedal.

And yeah a lot of it is your guitar. But try this..
(out of 10)
GAIN: 4
HIGH: 6
MID:3-4
LOW: 5
PRES: 7-8

That should get you a sparkling clean. Like I said, add some reberb or chorus and it actually sounds really good.