im plannin on chagin my pups on my paul, i play metal grunge and blues. i thought of the JB in the Bridge of that im Quite sure but im not sure for the neck pup, want it especially for soloing and get like a Slash tone a warm fat bassy sound, he uses an Alnico pro II but im not sure wat to buy, i heard the SD JAZZ and 59 are good neck pickups, pls help me
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
my emgs give me a pretty awesome metal tone, and with my stack i can make it sound like slash, so i suggest trying a lot out, but the pic-ups won't matter as much as the amp you're using.
Have you considered a new amp before getting new pickups? A new amp would improve your sound so much.

And detailsoniceman, what stack is this you have?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i have only a roland practice amp but i have the epi stock pickups that im fed up with em
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
What you should do, is take your guitar to a guitar shop and play it through a load of good mid-priced amps and see what you think. Usually when someone wants new pickups, they need a new/decent amp instead.
Don't be afraid to care"

yea amp=75% of ya tone
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
10x buds i'll check some out
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Are you a complete idiot?
All of them amps (except the Hughes Kettners) are crap, when at that price, you can get a decent used valve combo, which will actually sound good.

And why do you like the Marshall? have you heard it? didn't think so, please don't just go for the Marshall name or looks, you're falling into the trap.
Don't be afraid to care"

10x for the help, really
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
I can't tell if you're bein sarcastic... if you are, I'm not trying to be harsh, just to help you and steer you in the right direction.

If not, no problem.

So for an amp, what sounds are you looking for from it?
Don't be afraid to care"

i would like some overdrive to play leadwork, and some harsh maybe crunchy distortion with some mid boost but i have the DS-1 for that but i would like an overdrive channel but not too bassy like some amps that ruin clean sound, not noisy, with crytal clear clean sound. and not too much expensive maybe as those i mentioned
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Last edited by peterocker at Aug 4, 2006,
btw im not american and dont buy online so options are a bit limited were i live
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by peterocker
i have only a roland practice amp but i have the epi stock pickups that im fed up with em

With that amp, the pickups you put in are not going to make that much of a difference. You should upgrade your amp before even considering new pickups. A better amp will improve your tone 50x more than new pickups through the same amp. Get a new amp and then reconsider if you want new pups or not
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
I'll sell you a chrome covered JB that came stock in my new EC400AT (barely 24 hours old)... I'll give you it for $75CAD... which is like $65USD...
yea im not gonna change the pickups as i said im plannin on buyin a new amp but dont know which this is wat im lookin in an amp

I would like some overdrive to play leadwork, and some harsh maybe crunchy distortion with some mid boost but i have the DS-1 for that but i would like an overdrive channel but not too bassy like some amps that ruin clean sound, not noisy, with crytal clear clean sound. and not too much expensive maybe as those i mentioned
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
none of your choices are really "crap" (well, maybe the MG), but you're going to get into the solid state vs. tube debate. They're all better than what you presently have (well, maybe not the MG)

I will suggest, however, that if you're planning to spend around $500 U.S. that you look into a 15 - 30 watt tube combo and perhaps an overdrive pedal. A 30 watt tube will powerful for all but the largest venues.
well, the two amps that most people are going suggest to you are the Roland cube and the Vox Valvetronix. Both sound almost equal except the Roland does metal a little better, and Vox does blues and classic rock better
no the fact is that now i even have to play in a band and need 60w/100w amp. i thuought that peave was good

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
metal, grunge, blues, i want it especially for overdrive/dist sound and clean sound no effects or something.
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
yes yes truly thats the best one i found but i have no vox dealers here, that peavy peavy amp is quite good my friend has one and he is really happy with it

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Malta Europe
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
ohhh Europe eh... well that is kind of a situation... but if you think the vox is the best thing for you, don't just settle for whats close to you. Try ebay, or local classifieds, or maybe post a wanted ad in the UG classifieds... even do a google search for online guitar stores that ship to your area that you may not know about... thats how I got my new guitar. Best of luck in your search, man.
i dont buy online man im 16 and i my ftaher dont have credit cards for reasons, so no marshalls right? wat do you think of that peavey?
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
I'd shy away from the Valveking... I've heard bad things.. but those are all other peoples opinions, and you said your friend has one right? go play around on it and see if you think it's worth your money. Other than that, I see from your sig you've got a Cube 15 already, I'd go play the Cube 60 at a shop and see how you like it, you really can get some gorgeous sounds out of it.
roland dealer closed i think im gona buy nothing.
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost