ive listened to some rage against the machine and heard how tom morello makes that harmonica sound with his whammy im not sure if its an effect in the pedal or if its because he uses his killswitch? Do you have to use a killswitch to make that harmonica sound btw my music shop dont have 'em
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
im not sure if its what youre talking about but i think he flips his switch real fast with slightly different volumes. thats what i do :/
yeah a digitech whammy all im asking is that to get a harmonica sound must u use a killswitch which is have one volume dial on 0 and the other on 10 and then flipping the pickup selector.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
It'd be easier if you told us the title of the song where this "harmonica" sound happens.
it's the solo for guerilla radio isn't it?

it's a harmony (4th or 5th, i forget) done with the whammy and he uses the kill switch inbetween hammering the notes. it's the pedal that's makin the sound tho.
Quote by Shredlet
yeah a digitech whammy all im asking is that to get a harmonica sound must u use a killswitch which is have one volume dial on 0 and the other on 10 and then flipping the pickup selector.

you could do without the killswitch but if you prefer the sound he produces then yes do with the killswitch
From what I've read, he used a wah pedal and a talk box for the album cut. Live, he just uses the wah pedal with his red and black "noise generator" ibanez guitar. The whammy may be on, but it's not being swept to raise the notes...he tends to play this solo above the 12th fret live. The whammy produces an odd filtering effect when it's turned on but not really doing anything.
AND dont forget the wah
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.