Just a quick Q.

When we wanna start to gig what kind of gear do we need?

Like amps, mics, PA and all that stuff.

Thanks much
- Amps
- Mics
- PA
- Guitars (perhaps spare)
- Basses (perhaps spare)
- Drumkit, if there isn't one
- Keyboard, if you need
- Plectra + enough spare!
- Cables + enough spare!
- Your effects, if you use them
- Power supply for everything, mostly effect
- Spare batteries for the effects, in case something goes wrong with the power supply
- Bottles of water, one for each person
- Make sure you've eaten enough

That's on the top of my head, anyone after me, add to the list?
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Condoms.
The above user has physical deformities, which make any crude, sarcastic or offensive comments actually the fault of the threadstarter. Honest.
JmP's Evil Picnic (you know you want to...)
don't forget about six rolls of tape, and as many extension cords as you can get your hands on
Quote by Punkarse
Condoms.

+1

Power supplies, batteries and cables. Extensions too.

Keep hydrated too - have a good gig.
Quote by REBARMAN99
don't forget about six rolls of tape, and as many extension cords as you can get your hands on

And use the tape if you need all those extensions, nothing worse than some moron tripping over an extension cord and knocking all your power out.

If you have a good PA and mixer, you may want to run all your instruments through it: that way if you have a friend with good ears, he/she can balance everything for you. For amps without line-outs, that may mean more mics and small mic stands.

Monitors are muy helpful, especially if you use the previous point (a sound that is balanced for the audience might be next to impossible for the actual band to hear properly).

Fans might be helpful if it gets hot.

Some bands prefer not to use setlists, but if you're just starting out, it might be a good idea to print up set lists for each member before every gig, so you're all on the same page.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
For amps without line-outs, that may mean more mics and small mic stands.

no need for the stands, just wrap the mic round the handle n then hang it down infront of the amp, simple

and you dont need a PA if you plan on playing clubs and that, because if they put on bands regularly, they will have their own inhouse PA. And i know a few of the bigger clubs that my band has played like the cavern in liverpool have everything there for you and you just need your guitars and effects pedals...and they usually say the drummer can bring his breakables n pedal if they want...

i know one place we played said we could just turn up with nothing and theyd provide us with everything, including guitars!! so we could just get the bus down and turn up with nothing....

it all depends on where you intend to play as a band
Red Bull. Get's you pumped before the gig. Also means you don't have to worry about getting drunk...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by elvenkindje
- Amps
- Mics
- PA
- Guitars (perhaps spare)
- Basses (perhaps spare)
- Drumkit, if there isn't one
- Keyboard, if you need
- Plectra + enough spare!
- Cables + enough spare!
- Your effects, if you use them
- Power supply for everything, mostly effect
- Spare batteries for the effects, in case something goes wrong with the power supply
- Bottles of water, one for each person
- Make sure you've eaten enough

That's on the top of my head, anyone after me, add to the list?

Don't forget monitors (is that how you spell it?). You'll need to be able to hear yourself sing.

But, besides that, I have nothing to add.
dudes, fog machine and strobe lights!!!!
my gear=
<ludwig 7 piece set, 6 cymbals>
<dw 3000 double kicks>
<ibanez sz>
<fender stratacoustic>
<yamaha synth>
<godin freeway 4 bass>
<digitech rp80>
<custom 100w tech 21 amp>
<fender frontman 15b amp>
a singer
a guitarist or 2
a bassist
a drummer

i guess you could bring like cables and stuff, unless you air guitar
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
I advise not gettin pissed till after the gig......bad experiance to be had gettin drunk before playin a solo and fallin off the stage smashin ur guitar in half........ very emotional.
Punks Not Dead!

Its just heavily sleeping.......