Ok I wasn't sure where to post this but hopefully, this is the right place. I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions for a new amp. My budget is about £120 - £170, I could go higher if I found something I really liked.

Anyway, I play mainly blues and rock music, and the the amp's watts shouldn't exceed 50 watts at most, since this is only for band practice.

Also could anyone tell me what the BD - 2 blues driver is like, either that or the Ibanez Tubescreamer, i'm looking to update my gear from my 10watt squier amp

Thanks for any suggestions made, they are appreciated.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
although it is 60 watts, the roland cube 60 is one of the best amps you can get in tht range, and the cheapest you can probably get it is about £169 at www.gak.co.uk. read the reviews as well here on UG, awsome amp
well, for that price you should check out Fender Frontman series. They're great for blues for a SS
Quote by Klayy
well, for that price you should check out Fender Frontman series. They're great for blues for a SS

I was looking at those. I saw a Vox AD- 30VT.

Heres the link: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=12940

About the frontman series, are there any amps I should stay away from, just in general as well?

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
The Vox AD series are great amps for practicing and they can also be loud enough for gigs. I would recommend the 50 Watt version though as it comes with a Celestion speaker instead of the Vox Original speaker that comes with the 30 Watt. I've actually got one coming off of eBay now.
My Gear:

Guitars
Squier Affinity Stratocaster w/ SD Hot Rails (Bridge)
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Amps
Peavey Studio Pro 112
VOX AD50VT Valvetronix
Ross Fame Series Bass 50

Effects
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay
Vox Valvetronix 30.

But don't get an overdrive pedal (TS and BD are), only get one if you've got a valve amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Can you get a Laney VC15 for that price? If so, then it's perfect for you. If not, then go for something like a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT or AD50VT.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by nic_2090
Can you get a Laney VC15 for that price? If so, then it's perfect for you. If not, then go for something like a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT or AD50VT.

Yeah that Laney amp is £249...tad too much . I'll try the ones mentioned in the guitar shop if they have them. But so far my favourite is the Roland cube 60, i've heard good thing about the cubes series so it looks like a safe bet. Thanks for the help it's really appreciated.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
The vox valvetronix would be better then the cube for what you play. The cube is mainly a metal amp.
Me too. I've got a Cube and although it excels at metal it's a bit under average for other stuff. I'm slowly realising it's not really the amp for me. But try it out, it might be your perfect amp

You may be able to get a small valve combo (like the VC15) used on eBay if you're willing to go down that route.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Well this saturday i'll be trying the amps out, not actually buying one, I don't have the money. But i'll let you guys know how it goes.

At the moment its a tie between the AD-30vt and Roland cube 60. Saturday might swing the decision.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I think for the things you play you'll end up liking the vox more, try both though cause you never know.
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.