Hey, I#m thinking of making a pedal board for when i buy a few pedals, but I don't know how. I'd be able to get a good sizes piece of wood for it, and I wanna make one similar ro R_H_C_P's in his thread. I need to know some stuff:

- Where do you buy those little leads that link all the pedals?
- Do they all link together then the last pedals links to a AC Adaptor thing?
or

Does the last pedal link to a power supply then to a Adaptor?

Also, what size is the rough size for the wood for cutting the wood?

All help appreciated
if you live in UK
soundcontrol sells 5 patch leads for £2.50 i think
all pedals have to be connected to an AC power supply
unless you have a AC power supply brick
my bassist has one but his uncle made it for him
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
I'm planning to make an instructional video for just this purpose. But until I do that...

I built a great pedal board earlier this year and here's how I did it:

Start with a piece of plywood or 1/2" particle board (it's cheap and light - just don't get it wet!). Cut it to whatever length you want, but make it 15" wide. That way you'll be able to fit the board into a guitar hard-case. Very handy.

I used heavy duty velcro to secure my pedals to the wood. A strip down either long side of the pedal should work well. I have some fairly large and heavy pedals on my board and none of them has fallen off yet!

Don't forget to lay out your pedals on the board (including a power bar) before you start sticking them on permanently. Put the pedals you use most in the front, and the ones you generally leave on all the time in the back.

The pedals I use are (in order of signal processing)
Boss Stage Tuner - Digitech Whammy- Boss compressor/sustainer - Voodoo labs Sparkle Drive - Ibanez Phaser - Boss Digital Delay - Holy Grail Reverb.

You can check out the sound of my board on my live videos:

"Achilles Last Stand" - Live (Zeppelin cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtKC7DFXMQc

A collection of my guitar solos from the last few gigs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z145nHhmxWc

"Riffer Madness" Live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfXocw-6OQ

"Mexican Sex Dungeon" Live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua8MfD64Zec

"Pricilla's Dream" Live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhxl7mT66bo

Cheers,
Andrew
www.andrewroudny.com
I've decied what I'm gonna do. I go to my Grandad's every Saturday, and he often has spare wood, so I'm gonna cut some up the size of my DVD player (Which is about 15 - 16 inches wide, and high enough for a pedal board). Also, I'm gonna Sand it there because my Grandad should have some Sandpaper (He's a good DIY person). On Monday I'm buying Distortion pedal for £15 in a sale, then with the £5 I'll have left I'm gonna see if I can buy some paint from my local DIY store (Who also might have those leads I need, haven't seen them there though). Then, I'm going to paint it and let it dry. After it dries for a day, I'm going to get a pencil and measure my Distortion pedal, then draw the measurements on the wood. Then for the other pedals I'm going to save up to buy (Which are probably going to be: Morley Wah Wah, a Chorus, Delay and SuperOverdrive or Phaser pedal). But the pedals I'm gonna buy on monday I'll find out the lengh, etc, in the shop, then write it down so i can draw them out on the wood too.
Sorry for the double post, but I thought it'd eb better to do another post.

After some research, i think I understand how it is done.

Once I have my Pedals velcro'ed down to my Board, I hook them up like this:

My Pedal on the right side will be the Wah Wah, so i hook the Wah Wah up to the next Pedal with one Daisy Chain plug, and then use another Daisy Chain plug in the input to my next Pedal, then do the same with the enxt pedal until my last one, Which i hook my Guitar into the input.

Is that right? Can anybody write up a basic guide for me please?
Quote by AdamDK

My Pedal on the right side will be the Wah Wah, so i hook the Wah Wah up to the next Pedal with one Daisy Chain plug, and then use another Daisy Chain plug in the input to my next Pedal, then do the same with the enxt pedal until my last one, Which i hook my Guitar into the input.

yeah pretty much
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Ah that's good. Although would it not work if say I hook the Wah Wah to the next Pedal, then hook the next pedal to the Power Supply and to the pedal after?
Thank you, now I understand. The power cables - Do they come with the pedals, or do you buy them like you have to buy the Daisy chain stuff?
Quote by AdamDK

not exactly, the Daisy Chain hooks up the power, you need patch cables to hook the effects together, the Daisy chain goes into each DC jack so you dont need batteries.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Ok so in the picture the power cables are Daisy Chain cables, and the ones linking each other are patch cables? Correct?
to connect a pedal to another pedal you use a small bit of cable. an example would be seen here: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Pedal-Coupler-Cable?sku=332101. you put your guitar cable from your guitar into the pedal on the furthest right. then, on the last pedal furthest left you put in a cable that plugs into your amp. to power the pedals you either use 9v's or you put line outs to a power supply or you might just have a bunch of dc adapters that you just plug in.
Ok so to clear it up:

The pedal on the far left I plug into the amp, the one on the far right right is the Guitar, then i use patch cables (Like shown in the link) to connect them together in the INPUT of each pedal? Then in the part that has a DC Adaptor thing to plug one in, I use Daisy Chain cables to plug them into a power supply.
yup, or you can buy a power brick like this http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=286&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

beware though, from one 9V power supply you can plug lots of pedals in, but you will only get the good original sound by using one or two pedals at a time, if you want to use more at once i suggestyou split your pedals in half or however and use two 9v supplies with daisy chains or buy a DC brick and you can then run absolutely everything at once if you felt the need to.
With a DC Brick do you just plug the pedal straight into the DC Brick instead of linking them? Sorry for having so amny quesitons, I'm new to this sort of thing.
yeah, im not sure whether it comes with the power cables or if you have to buy them, but they'll be real cheap, like cheaper than patch cables, and yup, they go straight into the DC brick, theres like 7 9V inputs i think
No it comes with power cables you run to the dc output on your pedal
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by thesumoftwo
OK, i don't own one so i dont know

No i was directing that as a mean insult just a comment
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Ok I understand now. For the DC Brick i'd link the pedal to the DC Brick using a Daisy Chain which I'd put in the DC Adaptor part of the pedal?

So it'd be like

Pedal >Daisy Chain in DC Adaptor part>DC Brick