So basically, I've been playing guitar for a couple of years now, and the whole time the only scale I've learnt to solo with is the Minor Pentatonic. So I was hoping you guys could recomend me a few more.

I've taught myself, so I never had a teacher to tell me these things.
Well, if your interested in learning new scales, I would highly recommend some Modes.
- Ionian
- Dorian
- Phrygian
- Lydian
- Mixolydian
- Aeolian
- Locrian

And perhaps maybe the Harmonic minor (I love this scale, has a very exotic sound to it).

However, i would also suggest learning some theory. This well help you out alot with scales
Been away, am back
I think he should start out with the major scale first... Then maybe some chordal theory. Heh... Telling him to learn how to solo with modes is like throwing a three year old into 12 feet (about 4 metres for you metric bastards) of water and saying "alright, swim!"
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
I think he should start out with the major scale first... Then maybe some chordal theory. Heh... Telling him to learn how to solo with modes is like throwing a three year old into 12 feet (about 4 metres for you metric bastards) of water and saying "alright, swim!"

ah yea, Id suggest chromatics as well, with perhaps modes a bit further on.
Been away, am back
Whats the point in learning new scales if you cant apply the ones you know? You need theory man.
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
yea i could do with a good resource for theory
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Learn about.........

-Intervals
-How the major scale is made
-How to create basic major/minor triads
-Your basic minor scales (Dorian, Natural Minor aka. Aeolian, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor)
-Learn how and when to use these scales

Wait a while for the modes.