By Glass pickups, i mean that im looking for pups that are as clean and clear as glass. I was kinda looking for a lot of sustain, note warmth, and clarity, im on a mission to make the ultimate clean guitar rig. I was looking at the dimarzio air norton and such ( as a neck not sure on bridge ) but i dont know if this is a good idea. Any suggestions?
Swineshead Condor for the neck would be great for cleans. I don't know about glassy, but they are very warm and clear. Sustain doesn't have too much to do with a pickup, but I guess compared to the stock pickup, it was an improvement.
You're looking for clear, glassy cleans and you're looking at humbuckers? Hmm...

Try soapbars or single coils. Vintage-style single coils will definitely get you what you're looking for. Soapbars have great cleans, but they're warm, not glassy. Or you can try ordering a set of pickups from Rickenbacker, which would give you really glassy cleans.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Aug 3, 2006,
For pure glassy tone, look into some vintage single coils.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
On alot of pickup sites, they have a place where you can actually listen to the pickups, so go to a few picup sites, and listen to see which ones you like best.