check it out, its called "Lonely Days". It has a point where it seems like it stops, but it keeps going, so listen to the end. Crit for crit of course!!

http://brandon.dmusic.com
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
ok ill crit whilst i listen...
intro is pretty nice, some notes arent ringing off properly but i know how that can happen, tis annoying...
then it kicks in, nice sounding ideas here
then the clean solo, again some nice ideas, good how you build it up and then drop it straight back down again,
the next electric solo is also good, not sloppy at all, good stuff
i hate bit torrent hogging my bandwidth...
*Waits for buffering to finish*
okay so the drumming was pretty solid throughout, fitted the song's mood, and some nice ideas coming through, although i felt it was slightly repetitive, but still very nice melodies and i enjoyed the electric solo, was very clean
good job

EDIT: oops, forgot to say, could you crit my piece called the dream please, link in my sig, thanks :]
Wow very nice. Great riffs in there, nice tone, great playing, nice title.

I loved that little clean part at 1:40+. I loved that, very relaxing and just is nice to listen to.
Jeez I can't get over this part its amazing.

The distorted solo was also great. Nice ideas in there, very clean.

Overall: Pretty ****ing awesome

Download and on my mp3 player. I love it
Nice. A little tinny on the intro and when you get into it, the bass levels are too high. I have my studio monitors set flat, so I'm getting the "real" sound here.

Watch the EQ and this would be unbelievable.

The playing is very good for the mood you're going for. While simple, its very moving and I enjoyed the solo you have in there, still a bit tinny, cut everything from 4k and up and you'll get rid of the brashness from your leads.

Also take a look at about 250Hz to 20Hz... lower those a bit (just a little) and that should bring down the bass to a more tolerable level. Just for what its worth... I'm listening at a low volume and I'm watching my sub's VU meter almost clipping... just food for thought.

I honestly like the song. Just pointing out small things I've noticed.

BTW... throw some vox on it. Its crying for some lyrics to be added to it to fill it out!
you think if i got it mastered the people would get all those eqs good to go? (professionaly mastered)
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
It was ok all throughout, I liked the riff, but goddamn dude, I looved the solo, like seriously, it wasn't all that hard technically or anything, but it sounded so heartfelt and very very fitting for the song, its just spoke for itself, great job dude.
Quote by The2abraxis
you think if i got it mastered the people would get all those eqs good to go? (professionaly mastered)

They had better, considering that you're paying for it. But... if you don't mind me asking... why pay for it when you can do it yourself.

Spend the money on some decent monitors and you can master it yourself. You'll save money in the long run.
Clean tone in the intro sounds a tad sharp, almost like a sitar, but it's still cool.
Distortion coming in,.......very mellow and catchy, quite pleasing to listen to.

The clean leads are great, although they're kinda tinny. Maybe beef those up a bit somehow?

The distorted lead at 3:29 is done very nicely. You picked up some speed, but you didnt cross over into an all out shred, which is great.

The drums were perfectly sufficient and were mixed well with the multiple guitars.

This is a great, relaxing, peaceful song. Awesome job.

Check out mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406975
nice although simple, i have no problems with your tone, i especially love the clean solo at 1:40, great tone and great playing,

the distorted solo was well placed, just as the song was getting a little repetative, and a good dolo it was too. the rhythm has been throughout the song. everything is mixed well and in my opinion it sounds good enough to listen to.

the only critiscm i can muster is that for 6:37 it gets a little repetative, and you might want to add a part with a different mood e.g sad or less relaxing or something before going back to the happier original sound.

but overall that was brilliant, at first i thought your thread title was a bit pretentious but it's justified.

not sure why its called lonely days though.
Last edited by sam i am at Aug 4, 2006,
The way the electric comes in is AWESOME!

Very Satch-ish, which is awesome.

Beautiful melodies.

This is great.

Clean solo breakdown was awesome.

Tremelo picking before the 4 minute mark was awesome!

Overall, this is one of the better things I've ever heard on UG.

This is going straight on my iPod if you don't mind.

Crit mine please?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407668
wow ,tis an awesome song you got there! at the beginning i thought the quality was a bit dodgy but then after the bass and that kicked i was pretty impressed! did you do all the drums yourself?

the lead throughout was great, fitted perfectly with everything you played.
i prefered the distorted solos personaly, went a bit better with the song i thought.
out of interest what did you use to record it ( i always find that interesting!)

keep it up!

check out my new acoustic song please!
here

Jamie
Dude, this is awesome. What key is it in? The intro, like everyone's saying, is a little tinny, but your electric tone is awesome. I loved the whole thing.
Ohhh...My head hurts...

Quote by Inahrima
^ have i told you i keep misreading your title as UG's biggest bad greek?
I thought this was awesome man, with some vocals and a bass player you have yourself a sick song. My only bit of constructive crit would be, toward the beggining of the distorted solo you use a few awkward groupings and it sounds just a touch out of time. Personally I think it fits fine but its really all I could come up with. Two thumbs up!
pretty good. Is that a real drum or is it just a machine? that distorted guitar sound isn't quite my kind of thing, but it fits really good.
You could do with some vocals, and at some points it's kinda to country-ish for my liking, but you have some really great ideas in there, and it doesn't get boring at all even though it's really long.
Crit mine?
shadow of a cradle
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 5, 2006,
to gtggram, there is bass on the track :-D depends wat kinda system u have, cause its not mastered so ya know. to beatles, its in E, cause i like to play in E at times :-D to jme411, i used audactiy, great recording program, and plugged my electric set right intop a crappy dell wth an integrated soundcard, and plugged my amp straight into the computer as well (and bass straight into the com), so i think i have a pretty good sound consiering its all digital. and to corey, its an electric set, which is the same as a real drum set, except not as loud

thnaks for the crits! :-D

Quote by The2abraxis
to gtggram, there is bass on the track :-D depends wat kinda system u have, cause its not mastered so ya know. :-D

Ahhh the bass nob on my subwoofer wasn't even turned up. Now I can hear it....

EDIT: yea dude u got stickied! could you crit my comfortably numb cover if you get a chance https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407643
Last edited by gtgram14 at Aug 5, 2006,
Damn. Considering your setup. I have to admit that it was very good now.

See if you can't disable the onboard soundcard and buy yourself a nice little dedicated recording card.

If you're running Win2k or XP, they'll both handle multiple soundcards... so that may be an option for you to think about.

BTW... CHECK OUT WHAT I JUST DID TO THIS THREAD!!!!

I'll unsticky it on July 12th
sweet man thanks, really appreciate it. i always wanted to have a song of the week :-D

The recording is pretty good, the acoustic is tinny, pretty much what everyone said. The drums are pretty nice quality, but some of the time, something seemed off, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Audacity is fun, but it's such a bitch to work with sometimes. We pretty much have the same setup, it actually sounds pretty good. The solos were nice. All good, nothing wrong with any playing, just a couple of recording things.

If you wouldn't mind looking at my recently redone piece: Wondrous Space, The Detour
Good god man!!! That was spectacular! I love it!!! I have to go with everyone else and say the 1st acoustic solo feels tiny. Smooth, relaxing but with mustard to keep my head bobbing and my foot tapping Like the 100th person, this is going straight to my ipod. AMAZING JOB!

mine - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408712
Last edited by JackFlash19 at Aug 6, 2006,
Some great lead work in there.

I like how you built into the song from the intro.

Nice solo.

Great work.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Black Hearts Now Reign
My Shiz

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_