i'm also leaning towards them being the same thing, but you should't take my opinion seriously since i have no idea what i'm talking about. its just what i think.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Im damm well sure there the same, what is confusing is when older players call Double Basses, and Acoustic Bass. Odd, they are kinda acoustic but not in the way that they are seeen today
Acoustic basses are different from Double basses.

I think Upright and Double are the same. I'm not 100% sure though.
Upright and Double are the same, acoustic can be refered to as one of those, but normally it is the same thign as an acoustic gutiar but a bass...
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
^^ Yeah, I said older players, becasue actual acoustic basses that are played the same as an eletric bass were not around when people called Double basses, acoustic basses
They are really called Bass Viles.

But yes, Upright and Double are refering to the same thing.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by metalstillsucks
They are really called Bass Viles.

But yes, Upright and Double are refering to the same thing.

i thought it was violes? not viles.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Typo srry. Laptop keyboard.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
yes, they are the same thing. different names for the same things get annoying as hell
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.