Yeah I play in a band kinda as bassplayer, my bass amp is like on 15 w so i dont hear myself at all i have a 80 w tube amp at home i checked the manual and stuff and it didn´t say anywhere that i could´NT run a bass throguh it.. so can i do this or will it sound like crap?
I don't think you want to run a bass through a guitar amp. I think the extra low frequencies of the bass can damage the guitar amp speaker. I know it works fine running a guitar through a bass amp, but I've always been told not to try running the bass through a guitar amp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I don't think you want to run a bass through a guitar amp. I think the extra low frequencies of the bass can damage the guitar amp speaker. I know it works fine running a guitar through a bass amp, but I've always been told not to try running the bass through a guitar amp.

Yeahs that true, you can do it the other way around though.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
I remembre someone trying it,He was whining to me the other day about his amp being Ruined...completely,so I recommend u dont try it
Guitar amps are not meant to handle the lower frequencies of a bass.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I think if you run it through a bass cab it won't be a problem, but I dunno.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
I think if you run it through a bass cab it won't be a problem, but I dunno.

Correct.

The lower freq. notes take more excursion to create. Guitar speakers dont have much excursion. That means when the pole piece and motor structure is pushing and trying to create lots of throw, its pushing on the cone. Since there is basically no surround on most guitar speakers, its just pushing into a solid object, and that puts pressure were it shouldnt be. This could break the pole piece or the cone. Theres also alot of heat being created because of the excess of power and lack of motion. That could fry the voice coil.

Just dont try it.
Tube guitar amp + Guitar cab = no-no
Tube guitar amp + bass cab = OK.

The bassist from Scary Kids Scaring Kids runs a Peavey Triple XXX through an Ampeg 8x10 and it sounds fine.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
if i want a good distorted bass, i put my bass into my JSX and its 4x12 cab. as long as i dont crank it, it sounds fine.

very bright sound. its nuts
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
The bass frequencies will hurt the speaker, so don't do it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30