hi smart UG members of the bass forum! well my bro wants to start bass and he was looking at what to get. right now hes thinking about getting this and this to start out. is it a good idea? i heard axl guitars are good but what about the basses?
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Axl basses are actually alright, my mate has one n it sounds pretty good.....can't comment on the amp as i have no clue what it is
Quote by monkey of doom
^ I do, hereby declare you a Fag.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
No amps are all that bad for a beginner anyway. You have to go in there, play a little bit, figure out what kinda tone you'd like to use and THEN look into getting a higher end amp. So, I'm sure that amp is fine for someone new to the bass world.
Quote by robbo_bar
Axl basses are actually alright, my mate has one n it sounds pretty good.....can't comment on the amp as i have no clue what it is

awesome anyone else have any comments? anyone got any suggestions...ike a different bass he shoud get?
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
awesome anyone else have any comments? anyone got any suggestions...ike a different bass he shoud get?

You could always get one of those value packages that they sell everywhere. I'd recomment the Ibanez one, whatever the model number is...
^ yeah my bro was thinking bout that but the thing is if you spend a little more up front, you can get better gear and that will encourage you to play more you know? i ended up replacing my guitar starter pack in just a year(the amp in like 6 months), so he doesnt really want to invest in something hes gonna replace so fast.
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100