I'm joining the school's jazz band this year and I have a feeling showing up with a Dean or Ibanez won't give them the tone they're looking for. >_>

Does anyone here know what a good jazz guitar is? Right now I've got about $300, but I can earn more money by the end of August to get one.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
Ummm....Fender do the best for that kinda music...especially the Jazzmaster and the Jaguar! Strats are pretty good too!
Agile has a few semi hollow bodies, a les paul is smooth toned, schecter classic, and all of fenders gutiars. This is a broad generalization but, most guitars with single coil pickups or chrome humbucker covers are lower output and smoother toned. The pickup cover sheilds it but cuts back on some of the output as a downside.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
ibanez artcore series are pretty good for that, but id suggest you try them out for yourself just in case you think otherwise
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Yeah, for the best all around sound i would go with a good Fender Stratocaster, or an Epiphone Les Paul, if you are in junior high, it really doesn't matter that much. Just don't show up with a squier, have an amp with good, but tasteful, distortion, and you'll do fine.

Jason A.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
i think hagstrom has some very nice jazz guitars
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by timmEH
i think hagstrom has some very nice jazz guitars
'

true^^ they are swedish also