Yep, looking for V with with Floyd. Not necessarily an OFR, but should be reliable. Now, my budget is around 400$, so mostly things will be used

I was thinking of getting a Jackson RR3, but most on ebay used probably aren't 06 series, so I'm not too sure if they're reliable

The other option I was looking at was a Dean Noir VXT (Noir V with a floyd). Only problem is, I dont know about THEIR quality floyds

Dean
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Dean-flying-V-NXT-Noir-Floyd-rose-FREE-SHIP-guitar_W0QQitemZ150017804536QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41435QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jackson
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JACKSON-RR3-RHOADS-BLEM-ELECTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ250014684062QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33044QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any help is appreciated
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
Just because its an 06 series doesnt mean its better than the older ones. i actually prefer the rhoads vs
Ya but most people agree the '06 series has a more reliable floyd, AND it has better pickups (SD JB/Jazz)
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
i dont own either one and ive never tuned one ive just played them both and i liked the older one better. i would probly go with a rhoads overall though
id go with the rhoads even though its alittle older, the pickups on those things are just awesome, and id figure youd just get a whole lot better sound out of it than the dean
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
I prefer the RR V shape because it's easier to sit down with. If you want FR get an OFR. It's the best floating bridge on the marked I think.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
i was actually just going to come in here and suggest a rr3. i have that same floyd on my jackson soloist, and honestly, its all your gonna need. the jb is a quite nice pickup, IMO its probably one of the best passive pickups you can get for a metal type tone (dont get me wrong it has beatiful cleans too). i have no experience with the jazz so i cant help you there. really though i have never been very impressed by anything other than american jacksons, the korean ones (i think they are korean anyways) just feel cheap. seriously look into finding a used american, you will not be disapointed.
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
Quote by metal Lover
Just because its an 06 series doesnt mean its better than the older ones. i actually prefer the rhoads vs

Yes it does, you just showed your ignorance by trying to look smart. The new Jackson RR3 has a better trem, JB/Jazz pickups instead of the ****ty Duncan Design ones, and slightly better build quality.
although the guitar isnt great, the epi gothic v fr has an fr, and isnt too bad i guess..... but i dont think youll like that suggestion
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
get a rr3. then save up and when you have the money, get an OFR if you want. They should fit w/out any mods.
Yes I know the OFR is pure excellence, but I wanted to know if the RR3's new (or even old) Floyd would hold up for AT LEAST a year, or another healthy amount of time like that. And ya, I know that Jackson Floyds are direct swaps.

Any info for the Dean? I did hear the Noir series was pretty good. But what of it's Floyd?
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50

BIG
Quote by Guitarist X
Yes I know the OFR is pure excellence, but I wanted to know if the RR3's new (or even old) Floyd would hold up for AT LEAST a year, or another healthy amount of time like that. And ya, I know that Jackson Floyds are direct swaps.

Any info for the Dean? I did hear the Noir series was pretty good. But what of it's Floyd?

yeh they should hold up between 6-12 months depending on how you set up the trem and how much you really use it. and i havent had any use in much of dean trems. and its only the JT580 trem thats a direct swap