which set would you recommend, gibson '57 classic in the neck and gibson '57 classic plus in the bridge, or a seymour duncan seth lover set?

edit: i want a good classic rock sound and a good acdc style sound in the bridge, and a good blues sound clean and overdriven in the neck. i also dont want the pickups to be muddy, and i want them to have a good bit of clarity if i turn the gain up a bit
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Aug 3, 2006,
seymour duncan..

Id say.
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
go with gibsons, i did and ive never looked back. 57 classics give you what you are looking for.
anyone got any soundclips of either pickups. im leaning more towards the '57 classics. anyone know any bands that use '57 classic or classic plus
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Both Seymour Duncan and Gibson have sound clips on their website. I have clasic 57's in my Epi Les Paul and they are great for the classic stuff and I have Seymour Duncans in my SG. If you play a lot of AC-DC, you might try the Gibson Angus Young in the bridge position and the classic 57 in the neck position.
i think im going to go with the gibsons. i also looked at the angus young pickup, but most reviews for it said that it basically does an angus young sound and nothing else and that the '57 classic plus is more versatile. so i think im going with a '57 classic plus in the bridge and a '57 classic in the neck

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣