do you guys know what the loudest amp on the market is? im just thinking, the loudes ti know of is the Fender Metal head, at 550 watts, but im SURE theres one louder (and the metal head is a peice of crap anyway)
i thought it was the marshall mode four head isnt it around 400 watts tube?
well thats the loudest marshall i think anyways
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
^Not tube.

There's that stupid Crate that's like 4 million watts or something outrageous with 2 cabs the sizes of houses.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If the MH is solid state, then it isnt the loudest. And it think it is solid state. There is probably some insane boutique tube amp with crazy high wattage.
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea
soldano, or krank maybe?

id worry more about sound then loudness.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
crate had a 600 watt tube amp with a 16X12 cab (4 squared) and i guess that was loud. i saw it on a video
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
haha, yeah i just get annoyed at my lame crate gt1200 hlaf stack becasue no matter how loud i trun it up, to frummer for our band drowns it out. i dont get it, i knew he played loud, but hes not supposed to play louder than my amp turned up all the way. i guess a crazy wattage amp would do the trick, so i wouldnt have to turn it up to 10, which tends to mess up the sound.

and the fender metal head is 550 watts out of two cabs, 400 out of one. i would get it, but its a stupid solid state. like my amp.
As for on the market, that must go to the Crate Blue Voodoo 300. It's 300 watt version of the Blue Voodoo head. As for ever, the Crate Blue Voodoo 600 that used a 8x12 or something like that.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Youtube, search for it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Are you people going to woodstock or something? Cuz its bull**** to blow ur brains out with a very high wattage....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
I read in The Hitchhikers guide the galaxy that there is a band that you typically have to be 40 miles away in a concrete bunker to listen to. I think they use Marshalls.
^ok?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Theres a brazilian amp maker thats made a 600 watt tube amp Andreas Kisser from Sepultura endorses them and has just had a sig amp made. Cant remember what there called though
Quote by cubedeathk
I read in The Hitchhikers guide the galaxy that there is a band that you typically have to be 40 miles away in a concrete bunker to listen to. I think they use Marshalls.

Hitchhiker's FTW.
Isn't the randall T2 600watts, and its hybrid, so its probably a lot more dynamic than the fender metal head.

From my experiece with many amps, Fender Hot Rod's are the loudest amps with the volume knob on like 2 or 3

But overall, i'd go with a mesa triaxis running through a Strategy 500. ok, so maybe its not your normal head cab setup..do i care?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I think I'll just stick with my kustom 100 watt amp.

It's bitchin' loud as it is.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
I think I'll just stick with my kustom 100 watt amp.

It's bitchin' loud as it is.

is that the quad dfx 100? That is one loud amp.
Quote by cubedeathk
is that the quad dfx 100? That is one loud amp.

That's the one.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
yeah, i'll stick with my fender twin. depending on what guitar i use, the volume doesn't go above 2 or 3. at home, that is
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
I don't think I've gone past 3-4 on mine. Most of the time it's on 2.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
I don't think I've gone past 3-4 on mine. Most of the time it's on 2.

You can probably cut through drums on 3 on that amp.
Quote by cubedeathk
You can probably cut through drums on 3 on that amp.

Easily.

The power seems to come from the EQs so I set them low so I can turn the volume up and get some gain.

Turn the EQs up and it'll clear the place.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
haha, yeah i just wanted to know... im not gonna play at any stadiums any time soon, im just thinking though, if crate make a HUGE amp that pumps out 600 watts, then couldnt you just get a 550 watt full stack metal head? well, no one wants a solid sate amp anyway....

saw the video, and that amp is insane, kinda pointless though, you'd have to haul it around ina semi if you wanted to go anywhere...
the sucky thing is, its reall impossible to play louder than my drummer like i said beforem is insanely loud. i dont know how he does it, but he drowns out my 120 watt amp withy every knob at 10 and it bugs me so much. theres npothing wrong with my amp its just that my drummer is insane. how people can play shows with 50 watt amps at 2 or 3 is beyond me. the must have weak drummers, or my drummer hits too hard...
It's also got a thing to do with acoustics. In a stadium, the drummer might only be heard a tad bit while in a bedroom or basement, everything is so confined that the sound just deadens and stays within the area it's played in.

Plus, 120w SS is nothing compared to the same 120 in a tube amplifier. The tubes make it sound louder when the watts are really the same. Strange concept, but yeah.

I've heard 4 50watt tube amps and they can fill a 1,000 person crowd stadium easily without having to crank them.
Quote by nxtvanhalen
the sucky thing is, its reall impossible to play louder than my drummer like i said beforem is insanely loud. i dont know how he does it, but he drowns out my 120 watt amp withy every knob at 10 and it bugs me so much. theres npothing wrong with my amp its just that my drummer is insane. how people can play shows with 50 watt amps at 2 or 3 is beyond me. the must have weak drummers, or my drummer hits too hard...

Sounds like he's quite a banger. How many drums he busted already?

I don't have a band but we have get togethers in my friend's shop. We're pretty loud in there and I'm the only one there that doesn't drink.

It amazes me what alcohol does to my friends. It loosens their lips, their minds, and causes memory losses.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+