Tis extremely hard to do chords, scales, etc because my hands are tiny. x_x Any way to help that, or shall I just get used to it?
Quite a while, but I never really started trying to learn anything until recently. I guess I'd say I have a few weeks of experience.
i had the same situation...i just kept working at it...basically to the point where its almost tendinitus inducing and eventually the pain went away
Yeah, you just gotta keep practicing. Your hands might not even be all that small (I though mine were too small, and I have huge banana hands). Just practice and your fingers will get all stretched out and flexible so you'll have no problem playing.
the longer you work at it the better your results will be...but its definately not something that happnes overnight.
I have small hands (for a guy) and when I started playing I could barely go first fret to fourth fret, now a year and a half later I can go first to sixth. Your fingers just need time to stretch, and be able to flex.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
my hands are small, and i still have trouble every once in awhile, but i'm pretty much used to it now, the longer you play every day, the easier it will be, you just have to work at it
aint tht big a stretch, im 15 and can go 1st 2 6th no probs
yeah, i can do 1st to 6th without bringing up my hand. When I put my hand up over the fret board I can go 1st to 7th, but I doubt I'll ever need to do that.
ya know what they say about a guy with small hands

jk
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
i've never actually met an adult male with hands as small as me (about 9.5 cm from the knuckle to the end of the middle finger). My stage name has become Littlefinger!

I figure that if Toni Iommi can play with half his fingers chopped off, and in the process invent metal and release awesome solo albums, then I can do anything.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
You'll get used to it. I thought I had the same problem at first, but now it's pretty simple.
..small hands.. and a scent for cabbage?

Sorry.. just practice chromatics if you need some help with stretching.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
On my acoustic I can only stretch from frets 1 to 5 and I still have to slide my hand a bit.

Not sure about electric, but the neck would be smaller...so I am assuming I can reach fret 1 to 6. Not sure though.

I'm 5'7 BTW and a small framed person, got small hands. Also I'd like to point out that I am Asian.
1-5? I can't go past 4, and I struggle to reach 4 :P Feel lucky man; I'm American too. 5'7 as well.
I'm Finnish-American, 6'1'', and I've got big-assed, skinny-fingered hands.

I'm the prototypical guitar player.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
I used to think I had small hands. I don't have my guitar with me (I'm in ihop and my acoustic is out in the car), but I'm pretty sure I could do a one to five stretch. Perhaps a one to six, but I dunno. Like the first couple of replies, I guess it just takes time for your fingers to stretch out.
Schecter Omen 6 -> Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal -> Mx10 Practice amp

Yeah. I'm cheap. College student.
Ooh, a misudnerstanding. If I actually try to press down on the fret, then I can only go from 1 to 4. Even on Electric. If I just stretch out my hand without actually trying to press down on the string/fret then 5-6 frets lol.