Hi,

I've been playing Ibanez's for years now, my first guitar was an SA and i've stuck with them ever since. I'm looking for a new guitar and i'm getting sick of the neck's on Ibanez's so i'm thinking Fender because i'm a fan of versatility but i know absolutely nothing about Fender.

Basically could someone just give some tips on what to go for e.g. does being a USA made guitar really make a difference nowadays? Any versions to avoid?

I was thinking of a fat strat or a standard i'm not really into jaguars, mustangs, and all they're other models it's mainly the stratocaster that i'm after.

Cheers for your help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Fender Fat strat with a powerfull humbicker in the bridge and a varm singlecoil in the neck is a very versatile guitar. But if you want a really sweet strat Try the Eric Clapton signature. It's expensive, but worth every penny! It's the only strat I have ever played that sounded good. Don't bother with the USA made models. They have paper sounds and not enough output for hard rock.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
well i would suggest getting an american but i have a mexican strat and i love it. doesnt bother me that its MIM still plays amazing and is 300-500 dollars cheaper
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
if ur going for a strat why are u even asking? also, american made guitars aren't better than other guitars, they just tend to be more expensive. well...

stratocaster - versatile, nice cleans and sounds good with distortion but doesn't have that metal sound.

telecaster - great (if not best) cleans with a 'twangy' sound, good for country especially, u can get one with humbuckers and it'll sound good with distortion, otherwise it won't sound so strong

jaguar - personally i think it's more versatile than the strat, has individual pickup selectors, a switch for eleminating bass, has nice cleans and sounds good with distortion as well, also, not a lot of people use them so it'll be nice to have something more original

mustang - can't help u there...but like the jaguar, not a lot of people use them.
Quote by Muppet
if you want a really sweet strat Try the Eric Clapton signature. It's expensive, but worth every penny!

The Eric Johnson Strat is way better and I believe it's roughly the same price.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
I love my nashville tele. I has a strat pickup in the middle, as well as the traditional tele configuration. Also, all the pickups are overwound, so it sounds good distorted up to a maiden-ish level.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)