These are my first 2 songs so please comment/praise/criticize, I'm not really sure what genre they are exactly, if anybody wants to comment on that that would be cool. The lyrics are in there for untitled 1673, can comment on those too, my girlfriend wrote those and the vocal part for both of them. And any commentary is appreciated, even conctructive criticism.
Attachments:
regret101.zip
untitled 1673S.zip
i thought they both sounded very similar and sound quite like techmetal, kinda like sikth (sp?) its not my kinda thing, but the solos are cool
tech metal you think? not exactly what I was going for but that works for me lol. I've never heard of Sikth, I guess I should check them out. Thanks for the comment.
midi files please
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
Regret 101: I liked your use of keyboard or whatever it was. The riffs were pretty solid, though i felt some would sound better with a parrallel fourth harmony line added. The lead that started somewhere around 2:20 should really have something behind it because it just sounds hollow without it. The riff at 2:50 or so is my favourite riff. The solo was reasonable, although some of the bends sounded out. I was impressed that you had fell in there as well as shred.

Untitled 1673s - Pretty awesome riff for the intro, but then i thought the next riff was slightly to happy. The keyboard in this one wasn't as good. and the part where you were tremelo picking really fast was plain bad and should be removed completely. The leads weren't great in this piece either.

Sorry if that second one was a bit harsh.
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
I thought they were weird... in a good way. They had a strange feel. The solo in the second one is awesome.
The only thing is, some of the riffs are a bit... I dunno, hollow-sounding? They sound kind of empty. I don't know how to explain it.
Did yall listen to it in midi? lol. I had never heard the midi before, but I just listened, and, Jesus Christ, it sounds baaad. Sorry about that. And the keyboards are actually spose to be vocals lol. And I think you're right about adding something behind the 2:20 riff *'-'*. The emptiness of that riff has more of an effect when in Guitar Pro 5. But anyway thanks for the comments and criticisms lol.