Hey Just recently i have been getting into mastodon i know i have been out of the circle its badass and was just curious as to what Gear Brent is using I know he plays that Gibson Flying V but what kind of amps does he use? Thx alot
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
laney vh100r, i think. At least one of them is in the laney ads. Maybe that's the other dude though, kelliher?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
JCM 800s huh what kind of OD do they use with them because they cant get that heavy distortion without them out of 800s
Thx and genocide good to see you back anyone else know what kind of gear they use besides 800s and tubescreamers
I heard that one guitarist uses the Laney and the other has a JCM 800. Personally I think they have god awful tone but hey each to their own.

As a side note I heard someone (probably digitech) is making a mastodon distortion pedal.
Yeah one guitarist uses Laney and the other Marshall. They are amazing live - they demolished Slayer.
they do have a good live rep
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
ya i have heard they are awesome live and ya ill check there forum thx guys
honestly their tone would drive me away from laney...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
ya there tone isnt necessarily amazing but i think it fits their music good and the music just kicks ass
Quote by joel_grieve
honestly their tone would drive me away from laney...

Suit yourself - I think they sound amazing. I saw them the day after seeing Black Sabbath and didn't expect anything that good
yeah. i like mastondon, just not their tone. their music is amazing.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
they do rock seriously hard bran dailor is the ****
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
ya i got to see when they are coming around so i can see them live anyone got any song recomindations(sp) to listen to i have listened to

Blood and Thunder
March of the Fire Ants
Caparillian something sry forgot it
and like two others all awesome so any songs would be cool
I am Ahab
Iron Tusk
THe call of the Mastodon
Seabeast
EVERY MASTODON SONG EVER.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Megalodon
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
ya i just downloaded a bunch i cant find them all though ill probably have to go buy the albums i Know blood Mountain is coming out soon and Leviathan and Remission are there any others
Erm... further recommendations are Sickleg and Hail to Fire

Oh, and their other album is called Lifesblood.
Cool thx so anymore gear ideas to what they use does anyone know what pickups they use
Go look at some of their live photos on their website and report back and tell us, you lazy beggar!
no i have and from seeing things i Know they use Gibson guitars with Duncan pickups and Marshall Amps and Cabs but im not sure what kind of Duncans they use thats why im asking
Well from five minutes research:

Brent:
Gibson V with Gibson humbuckers. Marshall JCM800. Marshall 410 cabinet.

Bill:
Seymour Duncan SH-6 pickups. Laney VH-100R. Gibson Explorers and Les Pauls

edit: both use D'Addario strings
Last edited by smb at Aug 4, 2006,
ya thats all the info i could come up with but i didnt know he used Gibson Pickups
Well they endose SD pickups but in photos his Vs appear to have the stock pickups. That seems to be the prevailing opinion on their forum as well.
so im assuming the Gibson 496R and 500t
Apparently so, yeah. I guess he must use some kind of boost or preamp, but I don't know what.
ya i couldnt find anything on what kind of OD he uses because im pretty sure he cant get that heavy of a tone out of a marshall without some sort of boost