The fender webpage has sound clips of a few of there guitars.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Listen to music, you're bound to hear one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Eric Johnson, John Mayer, Yngwie, Blink 182 dude used one, Nirvana,
ESP LTD EC-400 Archtop

Robert Keeley Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer-
ISP Decimator-
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer-
B-52 AT-100-
Basson B412-4
I think Cobain primarily used Jag-Stangs, and the Blink guitarist's and Yngwie's Strats aren't representative, really, of "Strat" tone since they don't use traditional single coils. Actually, the HS-3 and YJMs in Yngwie's Strats have really rolled off high end, so you lose most of the traditional Strat sound.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
I think Cobain primarily used Jag-Stangs.

Hell no. Kurt used Two Jags with 'Buckers, many Mustangs with both Stock singles and 'buckers, Strats with 'Buckers, He hated the Jag-stang with a passion. He used it for one or two shows. Namily the Live and Loud.

Quote by zekk
Hell no. Kurt used Two Jags with 'Buckers, many Mustangs with both Stock singles and 'buckers, Strats with 'Buckers, He hated the Jag-stang with a passion. He used it for one or two shows. Namily the Live and Loud.

Ok. I don't really care. But I knew it wasn't a traditional Strat. coughcoughFANBOYcoughcough
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Ok. I don't really care. But I knew it wasn't a traditional Strat. coughcoughFANBOYcoughcough

CoughcoughMETAL*****coughcough.

Quote by zekk

*cough* ****ing retard who has no respect to anybody *cough* jeez were all coughing
Will all you ideots shutup?! No one cares about bloody Kurt Cobain. Or about caughing.

Yes, they have sound clips of strats on the fender website. But listen to Jimim Hendrix to hear the range that you cant get out of it *Thumbs up*
Quote by azn_guitarist25
*cough* ****ing retard who has no respect to anybody *cough* jeez were all coughing

I think something's going around.
Quote by zekk

I hate most metal. But I also don't give a flying fuck about Kurt Cobain's exacting preferences in guitars.

By the way, threadstarter, are you thinking of purchasing a Strat?
Hi, I'm Peter